Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built In Wardrobes

Options
  • 26-08-2004 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of putting in built in wardrobes. Has anyone done this previously? I am relatively handy but would like some idea of how hard it would be and also advice on where to get the materials, etc. I am in Cork so even better if you have local suggestions. The wall is 12' 8" and there is a chimney breast which I am going to incorporate into the unit, so some areas will be deeper than others. If you have any ideas on price then that would also help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ShaneOC wrote:
    I am thinking of putting in built in wardrobes. Has anyone done this previously? I am relatively handy but would like some idea of how hard it would be and also advice on where to get the materials, etc. I am in Cork so even better if you have local suggestions. The wall is 12' 8" and there is a chimney breast which I am going to incorporate into the unit, so some areas will be deeper than others. If you have any ideas on price then that would also help.

Shane, the best place to go for these are Cash & Carry Kitchens. They have places all around Ireland. Go to their website www.cashandcarrykitchens.com for directions to your nearest showroom. I think they have 2 places in Cork.
    You just go into them with your measurements and tell them what you want. The guy will give you a no obligation quote in 5 mins. They have a great choice and you can fit them yourself or they will give you a ist of names of people who can fit for you.
    Your measurements have to be spot on though as they build to your measurements.
    As for fitting yourself, I think it's tricky enough. I've never tried it but maybe somebody else can shed more light on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

OK so, I gave Cash & Carry Kitchens a call over the weekend. They did up a quote for me but unfortunately they are very limited in their designs (I'd like 5 drawers - they only do 3 and they dont allow open shelving). Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Shane, the best place to go for these are Cash & Carry Kitchens. They have places all around Ireland. Go to their website www.cashandcarrykitchens.com for directions to your nearest showroom. I think they have 2 places in Cork.
    You just go into them with your measurements and tell them what you want. The guy will give you a no obligation quote in 5 mins. They have a great choice and you can fit them yourself or they will give you a ist of names of people who can fit for you.
    Your measurements have to be spot on though as they build to your measurements.
    As for fitting yourself, I think it's tricky enough. I've never tried it but maybe somebody else can shed more light on that.

I was going to post the exact same thing. Make sure the fitter you get knows his stuff. Ours didn't and made a bit of a mess of the job.

Advertisement