Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetarion sign up

Options
  • 25-08-2004 6:12pm
    Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm not sure if a lot of you have played this online game but it is addictive lol. You can take a peek at planetarion.com. The current round ends next week and i'm looking for people to sign up.

The aim is your in a Galaxy and you have you own planet you build ships and attack other in the universe.

The galaxy your put in is randon but for the start of the new round in a little over 3 weeks you can be all grouped together using a buddy code, whihc means you can help defend each other from attack. I'm looking for people to join in in a few weeks we will all be grouped together and well in thorey we can build a high score anyone intersted should post here.

More info to follow

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Theres a webgames forum
    a lot of iirish people played in round 2 or 3 not too sure which it was, a lot of them did very well.
    I think ill sign up this round.. is it a free round?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I used to play. Up to aroudn round 5 when it got a little boring :p

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

lol i played round 2 and 3 i left it then and now played round 11. The account is free but the upgrade costs 6 euroish which is worth it.

Be fun to have an all irish galaxy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

PA has gone to hell :-/
    Planetia is only decent one now really - anyhows, as said above, WebGames!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bah last time I played that it was ruled by huge alliances of addicted wasters who set their alarm clock for 4am so they can get up for a planned attack.
    You couldn't attack anyone because it was probably a farm for some Fury or Legion member... lo and behold you've got 5 million ships on your doorstep overnight and stripped of all your 'roids and fleet by morning.
    Maybe things have changed now, but I really couldn't be bothered finding out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

SantaHoe wrote:
    Bah last time I played that it was ruled by huge alliances of addicted wasters who set their alarm clock for 4am so they can get up for a planned attack.
    You couldn't attack anyone because it was probably a farm for some Fury or Legion member... lo and behold you've got 5 million ships on your doorstep overnight and stripped of all your 'roids and fleet by morning.
    Maybe things have changed now, but I really couldn't be bothered finding out.
    Yup... the good old days of planetarion.

Either you joined a big alliance and did nothing for the round except micromanagement, secure in the knowledge of your own safety or you lived on the fringe of things, getting attacked every few days by the alliances.

Played 3,4,5,6 then gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Boro wrote:
    Either you joined a big alliance and did nothing for the round except micromanagement, secure in the knowledge of your own safety or you lived on the fringe of things, getting attacked every few days by the alliances.

Like the man says.

You've got damn all chance of joining an alliance because they exist over rounds, keeping grudges and settling old scores

A good game ruined by idiot L33T players with far too much free time.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I've been playing this round having left it for exactly the same reasons people have mentioned here. I have to say it has improved a lot. You will never be entirely wiped out thanks to the salvage you get from destroyed ships, Alliances are much more accessable, as it is all done in-game now. Newbie bashing has been virtually eliminated as you cannot attack a planet less than 40% of your size. You don't have to get up at 4am to succeed either, as you can delay fleet launches by up to 12 hours.

There's other new features as well. Its worth re-visiting.

Yeah lots of new features alright, most of decent/good/old alliances now gone [which I'd regard as a bad thing, as they made the game - to some extent].
    Anyone worth anything has left PA, and left with new batch of ... not so fun to play with people.

They added so much/changed so much, it's not PA anymore, sure they sold it on, and then so much bugs in it Spinner had to come back to recode/fix half of em.

When Planetia [100% free, relies on donations] has less downtime than a game you pay for ... usually not a good sign, especially since Most of the old PA people now play Planetia, so has some degree of decent community in it.

As far as I'm aware, all the old alliances have left PA, which may be a relief to some of you, however, it has truely ruined the game. Yes alliances, latterly, also tended to ruin gameplay slightly, I believe worst rounds were 8-10 [Played from 5 onwards, not playing current round], and yeah, if you wish to get anywhere, you need to set alarms & have more or less 24hour internet access.

p.s. I forgot WolfPack still playing PA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh and the battle-calculators oh dear god... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Whats wrong what battle calcs ?
    God life is horrible without battle calcs ... trying to get defence for someone else, who may have 20 incomming fleets, bcalc is kinda a necessity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

SeanOS wrote:
    Whats wrong what battle calcs ?
    God life is horrible without battle calcs ... trying to get defence for someone else, who may have 20 incomming fleets, bcalc is kinda a necessity!
    Having an engine with 0% randomness(right word?) removes a lot of the enjoyment from a game.

Play a webgame based on battletech(or most other kind of die based game) and you will understand.

Well, It's a style ...
    I have played the game's with random elements, which I also like, traditional PA never had randomness really [well, not with attacks - early pa had random attacks...], but that was how it was designed. It's a strategy game, where everything is planned & calc'd, way it is.

p.s. Since PaX, there is random elements to attacks, i.e. High moral, therefore ye do better, and other 'small' random events like that.

Advertisement