Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The simple things ...

Options
  • 24-08-2004 1:20pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sitting here eating a sandwich (two of them actually) with denny's honey roasted deli ham, some mitchelstown white cheddar and the obligatory smathering of english mustard (washed down with a mug of hot tea ideally, but whatever is to hand otherwise) and thinking where would we be without the simple tasty snacks that you can prepare at a moment's notice (assuming you've had the foresight to purchase the ingredients).

What do other mustard lovers like to satisfy those quick eating urges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

If I'm going for a mustard based snack I'll usually accompany it with some cheese and ham or turkey on a roll or in a sandwich.

For non mustard based snacks I'll just have toast or some fruit or a salad might cook some pasta/noodles or rice and eat that.

Now I'm hungry :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Amz wrote:
    If I'm going for a mustard based snack I'll usually accompany it with some cheese and ham

I would concur with that
    I also use it as a base for a salad dressing as mentioned in a previous thread....
    one should spice up their lives at every opportunity!

also
    last weekend
    out of total desperation and due to a rather large hangover I did not want to/could not spend time cooking, so I threw a few fishfingers into a bagette and added mustard. Surprisingly tasty

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

out of total desperation and due to a rather large hangover I did not want to/could not spend time cooking, so I threw a few fishfingers into a bagette and added mustard. Surprisingly tasty

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't like fish fingers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

SyxPak wrote:
    I don't like fish fingers.

it's surprising what you'll eat when hungover and starving and too lazy to cook a big meal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

a) fatty

b) doesn't mustard fit under food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

looks like got ourselves a mustard protester.

get im boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cheese on toast, with a layer of mustard spread on top. Then more cheese, bung it under the grill, add some Worcestershire sauce, grill a bit more, eat with a big smile on your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Hot dog with mustard.

Always good.

It works with noodles of any kind, too!

Incidentally, they're ready much faster if you just stick them in a bowl with water and bung it in the microwave for about 5 minutes or so. No dirty pots and pans, no waiting for the plates to heat up, just lovely hot noodles in a bowl!

• Advertisement

I had a sandwich the other day. Chopped egg and prawns, which is a surprisingly good combination. I made a sauce out of seafood dressing and a generous dollop of mustard, with a liberal sprinkling of tabasco for kick.

Bloody lovely, it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

After watching interMission, I'm curious about what Tea and Mustard taste like together.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Or a mustard infusion... could be good.

/edit
    and healthy:
    Mustard: infusion of ground mustard seeds has antimicrobial properties and has been used internally for chest infections, colds and flu and as a gargle for sore throats; externally, as a rubefacient(counter-irritant) effect, bringing blood to the skin in contact with it. A hot foot bath draws blood to the feet and relieves congestion in the head or lungs.
    http://www.naturalmom.com/coldremd.htm

Advertisement