Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baldurs gate

• 17-04-1999 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Ok ok, I know we said we'd start this before, but with Ultima and all I never got it sortted. But here goes, Venom / aka kaleb or Jou'whats his face are starting the campain at 6:00 this even, now that he's got a copy of said game. So if your interested, pop into the Irc quake channel at about 5:45 and we'll take it from there.

The lastest patch can be found here http://www.bgchronicles.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Damn, I musta missed you guys, only got in from work at 19:08. have to try and get organised. Drop a line when the next game is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Hee hee
    You didnt miss us, lets say we never got away from the pub in time. damn you venom and your *ahem* drink problem. When I say meet for one drink thats all I mean smile.gif

We can try to do it say on monday, tomorrow BUS have an event to attend so it'll happen then. Say when suits you and well work around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Sorry lads, aint been around for a couple of days, willl you guys be about Friday or Sunday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Praise Bob

Well we're heading out for a little ****up. Since you seem to have good taste since you use this board feel free to join us. Noggies meeting us in howth and we're then hadding straight into town and will make our way to teh nethouse at some point to get our tee-shirts and in the process save Devore from getting his house repossessed. Ohh and well be saying Prasie bob alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

finally got the game.
    played for a few hours and.....
    i keep getting killed sad.gif

anyone know anywhere i can go to sorta stock up on experience? for da newbie like?
    be nice to meet someone and actually have some decent weapons and stuff. at the moment im east of he kobold stronghold near the mines
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Just finished Baldurs Gate last nite- FINALLY!

Amazing, amazing game smile.gif

WhitewashMan - r you talking about the single player game? I basically went from candlekeep to the Keep where you're supposed to meet friends of gorion (i.e. over two up two from candlekeep, i think) then moved slowly down the map to beregost. Clear out each section of the map in those early days to build up experience. I think my party was level 3 by the time I took on the nashkel mines.

also - stay away from the northern parts of the map (anything at the same level as candle keep or above) until you clear out all of the southern areas. It gets very hard.

Basically it takes a long long time to get anywhere in this game - slowly building up experience is a must - also once IMOEN gets to about level 5 thief, it's a good idea to Dual her to mage, methinks.

anyway, ask questions - also check out this webboard : http://feedback.interplay.com/bg2/index.html

There's a lot of waffle from experienced players now just chatting & watch out for spoilers, but you could get some excellent advice.

cheers,

chungking

Just finished Baldurs Gate last nite- FINALLY!

Amazing, amazing game smile.gif

WhitewashMan - r you talking about the single player game? I basically went from candlekeep to the Keep where you're supposed to meet friends of gorion (i.e. over two up two from candlekeep, i think) then moved slowly down the map to beregost. Clear out each section of the map in those early days to build up experience. I think my party was level 3 by the time I took on the nashkel mines.

also - stay away from the northern parts of the map (anything at the same level as candle keep or above) until you clear out all of the southern areas. It gets very hard.

Basically it takes a long long time to get anywhere in this game - slowly building up experience is a must - also once IMOEN gets to about level 5 thief, it's a good idea to Dual her to mage, methinks.

anyway, ask questions - also check out this webboard : http://feedback.interplay.com/bg2/index.html

There's a lot of waffle from experienced players now just chatting & watch out for spoilers, but you could get some excellent advice.

cheers,

chungking

so good he said it twice!

cheers
    seems im rushing about in a tither.
    im on the second level of the mines and most of my party are still first level
    i think i'll start again smile.gif

You've some nerve showing your face in here, whitewash or should that be white Pixie 8th level over lord of Nogablog wash ?

• Advertisement

hahahaha,
    look, just coz i called venom snargle the flangemaster doesnt mean i dont like rpg's.
    why i was playin D&D before AD&D came out ffs!
    anyway, my name is fairWashElf smile.gif

damn my first double post - woohoo! smile.gif
    yeah - 1st level for nashkel mines is ... um... foolhardy to say the least heh-heh

Nasty Kobold Stop That!

Just wait til ye meet the ones that shoot flame arrows - sheesh! Any of you baldurs gate vets have as much trouble as i did in the dungeon near that big bridge (forget the name) billions of them!

prepare to invest a lot of time whitey smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Bob shall smite thee all! Heretics!

Praise Bob *bow* *bow*

you can shove bob up yer swiss-roll hobbes smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I guess you had to be there WWMan smile.gif

Myself Rev and some other chaps dressed up as a religious cult in UO and turned up at a player run event. While they were laughing at our antics we were looting them blind. Second in funny to the two warriors we ripped off last sunday.

Anyway, Bob will be around to your house. Don't go anywhere tongue.gif

(Actually thinking of buying BG, only I'm going on holliers next weekend).

buy it and forget about yer holliers.
    besides, it will mean you spoend less money as you will spend 24 hours a day in front of puter. you wont get a great suntan but a radiation tan is almost as convincing!
    oh, and at least you are garenteed to enjoy yourself. maybe a little bit to much wink.gif

Advertisement