Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA, Season 1, Episode 7: Poisoning the Well [Spoilers]

Options
  • 21-08-2004 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

WAs another very very god episode i am well pleased with both SG1 and SGA this week. Good episode effective wraith defence just ,load it into dart guns.
    so tired now must sleap

Rate This Episode 12 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    58% 7 votes
    Ok
    25% 3 votes
    Bad
    16% 2 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Loved SGA as well this week. Felt very spoilt. The morality issue is what got me. Up until the last five minutes I was going to give it just a "Good" rating, but the bleak end note pushed it into "Amazing". Once more the SG teams precipitate a disaster for the planet by accelerating something that was festering underneath. The bleak pact with death the people were willing to make showed - much better than Tey Lo and the Althosians - how much of an impact the Wraiths have on people's lives and what they'd do to stop them. Dr. Beckett was given the limelight this week and, given he gets nearly as much airtime as Dr.Weir, I'm wondering why he's not in the opening credits. Anyhow, the only thing missing here was not enough McKay sarcasm. Still I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

What channel do you watch SGA on?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I didn't find it all that interesting really, it reminded me of season 6's "Cure" an awful lot (re-using the same actress didn't really help). I find the early 20th century earth type worlds fairly dull and they've been overdone, this episode felt very much like it was taken right out of the SG1 catalog. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd much prefer Atlantis to find its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Personally, I liked it. Dr. Beckett put in a good performance, and we had a good dose of harsh reality thrown in for good measure.

I don't think the stuff can be loaded into dart guns though. Dr. Beckett explained that he thought it was the serum excreted by the Wraith during feeding, mixed with the protein in the drug that caused the death of 'Steve'. I assume it wouldn't work as a projectile weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was sorry to see the end of Steve.... I had an inkling that he'd either (a) lead to a nice cliffhanger invasion of Atlantis somewhere down the line, or (b) - long shot - possibly become a Teal'c type character in atlantis... Bit of a waste of a character that could have been better used.

Good episode overall, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I thought it was brilliantly done, the whole morality thing especially. This episode kinda makes me think of the Prime Directive in ST, non interference with cultures below your own technological level - which the hoffens certainly were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

TmB wrote:
    I was sorry to see the end of Steve.... I had an inkling that he'd either (a) lead to a nice cliffhanger invasion of Atlantis somewhere down the line, or (b) - long shot - possibly become a Teal'c type character in atlantis... Bit of a waste of a character that could have been better used.

Good episode overall, though...
    No i doubt that any wraith would go rouge but still it is a mabe but they couldent have a waraith on the athlantis team it would be accused of being too muh like SG1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, probably right.... I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of this story...

Advertisement