Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The judges hammer.

Options
  • 20-08-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Judge accused of masturbating resigns

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (Reuters) - An Oklahoma judge facing removal over charges that he masturbated and used a device for enhancing erections under his robes during trials says he will retire from the bench.

Creek County District Judge Donald Thompson, 57, wrote to Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry resigning effective September 1, a move that will allow him to retire with a full pension.

A former state representative and a judge for 22 years, Thompson was accused by state Attorney General Drew Edmondson of using a "penis pump" to enhance erections during trials and exposing himself to a court reporter several times while masturbating on the bench.

The state Court on the Judiciary was scheduled to hear a motion on Friday to suspend Thompson.

The judge has denied the charges and did not refer to them in his letter of resignation.

"I have greatly enjoyed my public service and offer my gratitude for the public trust reposed in me during the terms I served," he said on Wednesday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

I have to bump this up in case people miss it, IMO, priceless.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

how very odd.... :s (fair play to him, tho).

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Don't you mean fair balls to him?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

"I have greatly enjoyed my public service"

:eek:

Maybe he meant pubic service! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I must remember to put 'no dodgy puns' in the charter ;)

Flukey condemned to eternity as a sub-editor for The Sun. :D

flogen

Well, I suppose someone has go to do it, but I think I'll pass on that one! :)

Is it even appropriate to mention The Sun in a news and media forum? Maybe we should set up a sewage forum or a no-brainer forum or something, for it and its ilk.

Advertisement