Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICCL Consultation on Partnership rights

Options
  • 20-08-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭

Just passing this on
    Dear Friends,

The ICCL Working Group on Partnership Rights and Family Diversity will be hosting two consultation seminars in September, 2004 for individuals who have an interest in this area.

The aim of the seminars is to provide an opportunity for people in co-habiting heterosexual and same-sex relationships who are discriminated against by the current legislation and policy, with regard to rights and entitlements that are solely accorded to married couples, to inform ICCL campaign priorities. Moreover, the ICCL wishes to address the overt discrimination experienced by children in these families.

The consultations are part of a commitment by the ICCL Working Group on Partnerships Rights and Family Diversity, to take opinions and understand the experiences from those directly affected by inequalities caused by the absence of legal and other forms of recognition in Irish law of their family structures.

We would like to hear from you on all issues pertaining to partnership rights, including entitlements, benefits, inheritance, pensions, immigration, parental and children’s rights.

The first seminar will take place in Dublin on Saturday 11th September from 10.30am-2. 30pm. The venue will be confirmed closer to the date.

The second seminar will take place in Cork on Saturday 25th September from 10.30am- 2.30pm. The venue will be confirmed closer to the date.

Places are limited due to venue capacities so please contact us as soon as possible to let us know if you wish to participate. Both venues will be fully accessible but please advise us if you require an Irish Sign Language interpreter, or any disability aids or child care facilities.

This is your chance to make known your views on the issues and to inform the ICCL’s strategic response to such issues. The ICCL intends to launch a substantial policy position on Partnership Rights and Family Diversity in October/ November, 2004.

In Solidarity,

Marie Mulholland, Convenor, ICCL Working Group on Partnership Rights and Family Diversity

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres an intern also working on this:#

Maria Katajisto
    ICCL Policy Intern on Partnership Rights

Irish Council for Civil Liberties
    Dominick Court
    40-41 Lower Dominick Street
    Dublin 1.
    Tel: (01) 878 3136
    Fax: (01) 878 3109
    E-mail: maria.katajisto@iccl.iol.ie
    Web Site: http://www.iccl.ie

http://www.gcn.ie/newgcn/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2398

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement