Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Quit Smoking

Options
  • 20-08-2004 2:09pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

just quit smoking,
    right now.
    forever.
    go me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Fair balls to ya. Gud luck with the cold turkey! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Go you indeed. All the best with it (sure ye're better off)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Best of luck. Did the same thing 20 months ago. Best thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

I quit a few years ago myself. Its fantastic.

Within 30 minutes of quitting smoking, your pulse rate slows down and blood pressure drops toward normal.

Within hours of stopping, the level of carbon monoxide in your blood drops, enabling the blood to carry more oxygen.

Two days after quitting, nerve endings begin to recover and your sense of smell and taste begin to return.

Within 72 hours of quitting, your lungs’ bronchial tubes expand and lung volume increases.

Months after quitting, shortness of breath diminishes.

In the first year, the risk of heart attack attributed to smoking declines for both men and women.

Two to three years after quitting, the risk of heart attack attributed to smoking is virtually gone.

After 10 years, the risk of developing cancer is about the same as for nonsmokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

How long ago did you give up?

I gave up smoking around dinner time today. But I think I'll be back on the smokes around 3PM. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I quit in February. Nicorette rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well done, must stop myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Off them 7 years since last Feb, though I do smoke the odd cigar, but that does n't count, eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

I quit a couple times last year, once two weeks ago, another time about 3 days ago, and sure why not, i may as well quit now. (Till the weekend comes along anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 VenusDiablo

I quit smoking March 2003 by going to the Allen Carr seminar, it was excellent, didnt want to smoke that evening or even the next day. No will-power needed what so ever.
    its stayed that way for a year and two months and then a combination of man trouble and exam pressure got the better of me. i plan to give up again soon though

Best of luck Garth_Vader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Stick with it. Remember, the only way to stop the craving is not to smoke. It is smoking that creates the craving. If it was not smoking that creates it, then all non-smokers would have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's not that hard to be honest.

Advertisement