Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Leixlip (Intel) from Laois

Options
  • 19-08-2004 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have done a quick search of the threads and could not find a thread for my questions below. If one does exist then apoligies for this thread, please direct me to the relevent thread if possible.

Anyway..............

I need to know the best (and hopefully the quickest) way to Intel in Leixlip, Kildare!!

From looking on AA.com (ireland part) they recommend coming all the way on the M7/N7 to the Red Cow roundabout, then go onto the motorway (northbound) and then take the exit for the N4 (The West) etc etc etc.

Is there another way? I was told I only need to come as far as the traffice lights in Kill (still on the N7). At the traffice light go left and take the road all the way up towards Straffen etc etc?

Can anyone help? Much appreciated!!

--laoisfan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

I'd say shortest distance wise would be up the N7 to around Rathcoole and cut accross to Leixlip from there - (going via the Red Cow sounds crazy traffic wise at least - perhaps the AA routeplanner just has an inbuilt bias to Motorways?)... If you're looking to do this at rush hour it would all depend on which roads have bad traffic .. I (nor any online route planner) can't help you on that one... someone else probably can though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

thanks EvilDoctorK!! i was thinking of rathcoole as well but somebody said i would come to far up, but i will consult a map and check it out. i might do a trial run at the week, if i have nothing else better to do........

anyone else have any possble alternatives? all appreciated!!

--laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I would turn off the Naas Road at Newcastle and head cross country from there.
    JV

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you're close to the Dublin train line you could take that and get off at Celbridge, I'm pretty sure Intel have their own shuttle bus to take people too and from there, you can check the times out with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sweeper4

I would go along with the others suggesting turning off at Rathcoole - I make the journey quite a bit myself.

Take the left turn off for Newcastle on the N7 - almost directly across from The Poitin Stil pub in Rathcoole. After about a minute you will hit a roundabout, take the first exit left into Newcastle and travel all of the way through. After you have travelled over the third speed bump at the end of the town there will be a right turn on a left curve where a pub is being renovated. Take that right and it will take you all of the way into Celbridge - about a 10 minute drive from the turn unless you get stuck at the narrow bridge (You'll get it when you see it!).

When you hit that awkward junction at Celbridge, take a right. 2 minutes will bring you to traffic lights, take a left. This road will bring you past Hewlett Packard, over the M4, past a residential area with a Eurospar on you left and a Maxol on your right. Follow that road around the left curve and you will be come to your final junction - take the left small slip and travel straight for 2 to 3 mins. It will be on your right - you can't miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,289 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Going as far as the M50 (or even Clondalkin) is the simplest, but not shortest.http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?strAddress=&strLocation=&strCP=&strCountry=000001138&strStartAddress=&strStartCity=Port+Laoise&strStartCP=&strStartCityCountry=000000919&strDestAddress=Intel&strDestCity=Leixlip&strDestCP=Kildare&strDestCityCountry=000000919
    Summary 52 mi in 01h07 including 26 mi in 00h24 on expressways

00h00 0 yds Portlaoise, centre 

Take: N80 for 650 yds 
    continue along N8 for 1.1 mi 

Head towards: Dublin, Kildare 
    via: M7/E20 for 6 mi 
    take: N7/E20 for 10 mi 

00h21 18 mi Close to: Monasterevin 
    turn right onto: M7 / N7 junction for 450 yds 
    Head towards: Dublin 
    via: M7/E20 for 20 mi 

00h40 37 mi Close to: Naas 
    take: N7/E20 for 6 mi 
    Roadwork on N7 Dublin / Naas section·: motorway standards 
    Head towards: Exit West Newcastle 
    for 2 mi 

00h52 46 mi At Newcastle 
    turn right onto: R120 for 4.5 mi 

[strike]01h04 50 mi Close to: Lucan 
    turn left onto: N4 for 1 mi 

Head towards: Exit Celbridge, Lucan, Leixlip 
    via: R148 for 1.3 mi 
    01h07 52 mi Leixlip, centre 

We have chosen the centre of town as the arrival point [/strike]

01h04 50 mi Close to: Lucan 
    turn left onto: N4/M4 for 3 mi 
    Head towards: Galway / Sligo
    Exit Celbridge, Leixlip [b]Intel HP[/b]
    Turn right at roundabout onto R449

Head towards: Intel / Collinstown Industrial Estate
    via: R449 for 2 mi 
    01h10 56 mi Intel 

At roundabout 
    Intel straight ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 78,289 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Backroads alternative
    Route Planner			
    Here are the results of your route			

Your Route			

To:*	Jct R449/R148,Kildare		

Total Distance:*	46.5 miles		
    Total Time:*	1 hr 6 min	********	

Acc	Dist	Route	Directions

0	0	R445	Start out at Port Laoise,Laois
    			Follow signs Dublin (N7) to leave by R445 
    2.7	2.7	M7	Junction with M7
    			Forward (signposted Dublin) to join Motorway M7 
    4.2	1.5	N7	End of Motorway
    			Forward N7 
    5.9	1.7	N7	"New Inn"

8.3	2.4	N7	Ballybrittas

12	3.7	N7	Monasterevin

12.2	0.2	N7	Moore Abbey

18.5	6.3	N7	Kildare

22.5	4	M7	Junction with M7
    			Forward to join Motorway M7 
    28.6	6.1	R445	Junction 8 (R445)
    			Leave motorway (signposted Naas) At T-junction turn right then at roundabout take 1st exit R445 
    30.4	1.8	R407	Naas
    			Follow signs Sallins, Clane R407 
    32.7	2.3	R407	Sallins
    			In 1.1 miles forward 
    35.8	3.1	R403	Clane
    			Turn right R403 (signposted Dublin) 
    39.9	4.1	R406	Junction with R406
    			Turn left R406 (signposted Maynooth) 
    43	3.1	M4	Junction with M4
    			Turn right (signposted Dublin) to join Motorway M4 
    45.5	2.5	R449	Celbridge Interchange
    			Leave motorway (signposted Leixlip) At roundabout take 1st exit R449 In 0.5 mile at roundabout take 2nd exit 
    46.5	1	R449	Arrive at Junction with R148

-	-	-	Section time 1:06, Total time 1:06
    			You have reached your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

thanks victor....have bookmarked the site as well.....very usefull.

--laoisfan

Advertisement