Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Costs around the country?

Options
  • 18-08-2004 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Read through the thread on the Extension costs there and I was wondering what would be the cost around the country?
    I've recently had a house built down in the west and it cost me €100 to €110 per sq. ft. So I was shocked to hear that a 300 sq.ft. extension would cost 80K!
    So, what are the variations for building costs for houses (not extensions) around the country?

CONNACHT
    Galway
    Leitrim
    Mayo | €100 - €120 per sq.ft.
    Roscommon
    Sligo | €100 - €110 per sq.ft.

MUNSTER
    Clare
    Cork
    Kerry
    Limerick
    Tipperary
    Waterford

LEINSTER
    Carlow
    Dublin
    Kildare
    Kilkenny
    Laois
    Longford
    Louth
    Meath
    Offaly
    Westmeath
    Wexford
    Wicklow

ULSTER (Republic)
    Cavan
    Donegal
    Monaghan

ULSTER (Northern Ireland)
    Antrim
    Armagh
    Down
    Fermanagh
    Londonderry
    Tyrone

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The cost of an extension seems to be a lot more than the actual costs to build a complete house.
    The costings from builders here in Mayo are running from anything between 100 yoyo to 120 per sq foot.
    If you do a direct labour project like I am doing and am doing a chunk of the work myself, this will work out at about 60 Euro per sq foot.

Advertisement