Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky to start showing both stargate sg1 and atlantis in October

Options
  • 17-08-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Linky

Yey finaly i can watch atlantis on widescreen tv instead of crappy 86 meg versions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

86meg version! Hmm, I get 350meg versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im not the waiting type ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I see :)
    Great news about the sky air date btw. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Np i aim to please ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great news and - fingers crossed - we'll get the new episodes again ahead of the U.S. in January. Great also to see that the possibilty of Season Nine is growing given the great ratings of the show on Sci-Fi and the increase in quality this year over last year (something I think we could all agree on?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

What everyone else said: Yay for no more 350 meg versions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Definitely. SG-1's increase in quality has been dramatic - it seems to have gotten a new lease of life. As long as all the cast are happy to participate in a ninth season, I know I'd love to see it commissioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

mr_angry wrote:
    Definitely. SG-1's increase in quality has been dramatic - it seems to have gotten a new lease of life. As long as all the cast are happy to participate in a ninth season, I know I'd love to see it commissioned!

I completly agree wow a 9th season that is impressive
    What other sci-fi shows have gone that long

X-Files
    What elce?

Nothing. The X-Files is the longest running sci-fi series in history. (Until Stargate surpasses it, of course.)

mr_angry wrote:
    Nothing. The X-Files is the longest running sci-fi series in history. (Until Stargate surpasses it, of course.)
    *ahem* X-Files is the longest running US genre show yes but it's nowhere near the longest running sci-fi show. Shows in Japan have run for much longer and the wonderful Doctor Who ran from 1963-1989....
    But in US terms yeah, it's done well for itself and, unlike the X-Files during its eighth year, it's actually still very good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fenster wrote:
    What everyone else said: Yay for no more 350 meg versions. :D

Yes because waiting till October + ****e Sky ads every 10 min + sky censorship is so much better than downloading a 700 mb file with no ads and with perfect 7.1 surrond sound is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Venom wrote:
    Yes because waiting till October + ****e Sky ads every 10 min + sky censorship is so much better than downloading a 700 mb file with no ads and with perfect 7.1 surrond sound is :p

TV tuner cards and Xine are your friends. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fenster wrote:
    TV tuner cards and Xine are your friends. :cool:

Both cost money where downloading from the net is free :D

Venom wrote:
    Both cost money where downloading from the net is free :D
    *shakes head* Venom, seeing your posts in other threads and your movie reviews of movies that aren't here for weeks-months, I have to hand it to you: you're the biggest download whore that I know of currently :D

ixoy wrote:
    *ahem* X-Files is the longest running US genre show yes but it's nowhere near the longest running sci-fi show. Shows in Japan have run for much longer and the wonderful Doctor Who ran from 1963-1989....

Oops. Of course. :o

Advertisement