Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted Banjo Song

Options
  • 16-08-2004 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

What is the name of that song? With the bald kid on the banjo and another fellow on the guitar. I think it was the fair-ground episode when dougle was talking about the spider-babies. I can play part of it but can't work out the rest..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

As far as I can remember, its a song that sounds very, very like The Banjo Duel (or Duel of The Banjo's) from the movie Deliverance... but for the sake of copyrights and so on, its not...

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think it's called 'Duelling Banjo's'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sideshow Debs

It is indeed Duelling Banjos by Eric Weisberg and Steve Mandell as featured in the film Deliverance. If you are looking for the piece of music, it features on many of those 'Best of the Movies' type soundtracks, I got it from the Film 2000 compilation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

that was so funny-wasn't that the first episode of Father Ted??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

voltamadan wrote:
    that was so funny-wasn't that the first episode of Father Ted??
    Yeah, i believe it was. 'Good Luck Father Ted' was the name of the episode.

Got all the episodes on DVD. That's the episode also with Dougal discussing the "spider-baby" with Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

“Spider baby. It has the body of a spider, but the mind of a baby.”
    , funnily enough thats what I used to reffer to the demon below in Doom II as

spiderbaby.jpeg

God knows why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sideshow Debs

I think it was the first episode of the second series. Anyone remember the fairground announcer saying 'A child has become lodged in the Tunnel of Goats, could we please have a nurse to the Tunnel of Goats', and soon after announcing 'A child is still lodged in the Tunnel of Goats and a nurse has become involved in the incident, could we please have another nurse to release the nurse we called for previously'. Absolute classic...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think it was the first episode of the second series.
    No I think it's the first episode ever...."Hell" is the first episode of series two (camper van holiday) if I remember
    Anyone remember the fairground announcer saying 'A child has become lodged in the Tunnel of Goats, could we please have a nurse to the Tunnel of Goats', and soon after announcing 'A child is still lodged in the Tunnel of Goats and a nurse has become involved in the incident, could we please have another nurse to release the nurse we called for previously'. Absolute classic...
    Yes it was sooo funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Just watching this for the millionth time, having mad nostalgia. Who is that young fella playing the banjo with the hilarious facial expression, he's hilarious!

Holy resurrected thread, Batman :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

I hit the sauce in a big way tonight, sorry about bumping, just came up on a Google search! This thread is half the age I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

This poster's a hero!

Advertisement