Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipping New apartment

Options
  • 16-08-2004 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭

ok
    We'll be moving into New apartment soon enough. Usual stuff for kitchen
    Gas hob, electric oven , diswasher, washing machine...
    Is it advisable to get a good handyman to hook all this up, and if so , what is the likely cost.
    (I'm a bit uneasy about doing the the Gas hob myself, so maybe I should just get the whole lot done)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jd wrote:
    ok
    We'll be moving into New apartment soon enough. Usual stuff for kitchen
    Gas hob, electric oven , diswasher, washing machine...
    Is it advisable to get a good handyman to hook all this up, and if so , what is the likely cost.
    (I'm a bit uneasy about doing the the Gas hob myself, so maybe I should just get the whole lot done)
    The only one I'd be leaving to the professionals is the gas hook-up....all the rest are fairly straightforward. The wash machine & dishwasher will have an instruction booklet for the water connections and waste pipe on what to do with them. For the electric oven its like wiring a plug but make sure they connections are really good.
    If you're unsure about anything, best leave it to professionals. If it's a new apt and the builders are still on site, just drop the spark a few quid to do the jobs for ya.

Advertisement