Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Memorial

Options
  • 13-08-2004 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

The brother of a friend of mine has just died and the family want to look at organinsing something where people can make a contribution to the planting of a forest/plot in memory.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that would offer such a scheme.

I had a look on Coillte but didnt see anyhting specific apart from commercial forest investments etc.

Any help appreciated :)
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Actually just found something,
    http://www.futureforests.com/acatalog/Future_Forests_plant_a_tree_4.html

They offer a scheme for planting in Firhouse. It costs £10.00 / US$16.81 Inc VAT.

If anyone knows of anything else as a comparsion then post away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Seems like a really good idea, but you'd wonder why their Irish forest is in Firhouse????

It is a good idea. I think the family would rather see people pay tribute in lasting fashion than lining the pockets of Interflora etc. Hopefully this works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Probably posting too late, but isin't there a similar one in wicklow?? Remember a few years ago AIB donated a tree for every customer. They gave you a cert or something with map, tree number,directions etc
    Contact AIB customer care ??
    I'll have a gander , if I find anything.....
    regards
    t

tapest wrote:
    Probably posting too late, but isin't there a similar one in wicklow?? Remember a few years ago AIB donated a tree for every customer. They gave you a cert or something with map, tree number,directions etc
    Contact AIB customer care ??
    I'll have a gander , if I find anything.....
    regards
    t

Cheers,
    might have a look myself now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement