Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Bearing

Options
  • 13-08-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Bearing in my Hotpoint Washine Machine (WM22) is rumbling telling me it wants to be replaced.
    Has anybody ever done this? I've replaced bearings before on other systems, but never on a washing machine and heard it can be quite tricky.
    Machine is 8 yr old and has given great service and would hate to get rid of it just due to a problematic bearing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just called Hotpoint service and they estimate €200 for the job.
    New machine me thinks.
    I'm not going to even bother getting into it because it looks like the whole drum needs taking out and who knows what else damage this bearing could have caused. The motor could be the next to go. I'll take whatever parts out of the busted one as spares and keep for the new one.

Advertisement