Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydiving

Options
  • 13-08-2004 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

[Mods, feel free to move this if in the wrong place - thanks]

I'm interested in a tandum-jump, and I'm looking for personal-recommendations of companies to contact, or to avoid at all costs? I'm in Dublin, so the closer the better!

In a tandum-jump, what exaclty is required of me? Just sit there and pray? :)

Anything else I should know before considering it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Mixie wrote:
    I'm interested in a tandum-jump, and I'm looking for personal-recommendations of companies to contact, or to avoid at all costs? I'm in Dublin, so the closer the better!

Have a look at http://www.skydive.ie/ (The Irish Parachute Club) and http://www.goskydive.ie/ who operate all over Ireland. Both are excellent. Try to get down before the summer season ends for daylight/weather reasons to increase your chances of getting the jump done the day you are there.
    In a tandum-jump, what exaclty is required of me? Just sit there and pray? :)

Not a lot required of you, it's a joy ride really. Check the sites above there are some aspects regarding health/weight that need to be considered but nothing major.
    Anything else I should know before considering it?

Only that it's a helluva lot of fun. Also you MUST get video of your jump (costs extra but well worth it), get pictures too if you want but getting a video-guy to jump with you has the added bonus of the freaky sensation of seeing someone in freefall with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

I recently done a tandem jump in Clonbulloge in Kildare. You go out, get an hours training and then wait until your called. 3 at a time goes up in plane. Scarey as hell going up and up and up and up... u jump at approx. 9,000 feet. Best part is free fall, you free fall for 30 seconds - just remember to keep ur eyes open. The instructors at the centre are all really sound, make you feel at ease and have the craic! You can get pictures or video. My advice: go do it!!

Only thing you do in a tandem (i.e. strapped), head back, knees tucked under ur instructor and off you go and enjoy the ride!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

My advice - even after breaking my ankle on my first jump (static line) is go for it! You'll totally love it and as Sandy says keep your eyes open! :)

Dizz

Advertisement