Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine filling up with water.

Options
  • 12-08-2004 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I having a problem whereby my washing machine is filling up with water when it's not in use hence when I go to use it, it's full of water. This happened once or twice over the past 6 months but the levels of water were much lower but it's happening much more frequently at the moment and it's completely filling up. It takes quite a few hours, even a day or two, to actually fill it up.

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

Either a dodgy solenoid (motorised valve) or the filter is blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

If I were you, I'd fix it up very quickly, otherwise it's your appartment/house that you'll find filled-up with water soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Sounds like either: one of the two solenoid valves is stuck open or less likely the controller is "telling" the solenoid to stay open. Quite expensive and damn fiddly to change the controller. Your best option is to change the solenoid( if you can't test it first) and if the fault is not fixed, turn off the water at the washing machine valve( on the hose) . If location is awkward fit a second valve.
    Regards
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Speaking from personal experience, it could be that the motor that pumps out the water is failing. You may need to get it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

had same problem.....valve was faulty. turned off the hand valve at the wall until I got it fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LazStanaridis

Mine was still under guarantee so I got a guy out to look at it and indeed he replaced the valve in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Mine was still under guarantee so I got a guy out to look at it and indeed he replaced the valve in the machine.

I'm having the same problem with our Zanussi 1050 bought in 2000. Anyone know a good cheapish place to buy solenoids for these machines. Don't say look up the yellow pages as thats my last resort!

Mrblack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Isolate the water inlet and remove both hoses, Check both filters and clean, There is an oring in each that you could try clean. Most of these solenoids are generic for most washing machines...I find Quinspares to be quiet good for most parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

best place for spares is exspartise.com in westmeath. Guys from quinnspares left to start up and they took all the knowledge with them. Should try them theres a number on site

sundula wrote:
    best place for spares is exspartise.com in westmeath. Guys from quinnspares left to start up and they took all the knowledge with them. Should try them theres a number on site

I tried the site above but it doesn't work. Are ye sure about that link?

Thx

<
    Mrblack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

sorry - my bad spelling exsparetise.com :D

sundula wrote:
    sorry - my bad spelling exsparetise.com :D
    Yeah it works now.

Thanks Stapeler and Sundula for those suppliers.

Mr Black

Advertisement