Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this too much mustard?

Options
  • 10-08-2004 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

for my lunch over the weekend i ate the following,

6 hotdogs
    6 hot dog buns
    1 large jar of mustard

i could not taste any meat, did i have too much mustard? what is the best way to stop mustard falling out of the bun when you eat?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You don't mention what sort of mustard it is, perhaps you need to move onto something a bit stronger? If you like it then cool, but I don't know what the effects of too much mustard might be (I've noticed some odd stomach emissions, but I digress).

As for stopping it from falling out of the bun, try to put your face under it as you eat it so it falls on your cheeks, where it can be licked/wiped from easily afterwards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I suggest a receptacle like the one below - this is just fantastic for catching all the little bits that miss your mouth....

roobib.jpg

also
    as Eck has suggested, if you are using a full jar then you should be going for a hotter mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

it was a marks and sparks mustard, french mustard.

it was hot, not too hot but deffo not cool, 2.1/5 on a hotness scale!

the main problem was it overpowered the taste of meat, maybe if i got hotter mustard and used less more meat flavor would come through?

now for the dripping problem, Beruthiel where can i get one?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

now for the dripping problem, Beruthiel where can i get one?

I would think that Mothercare would be a good place to start, or any other place which has a good stock of baby stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

for my lunch over the weekend i ate the following,

6 hotdogs
    6 hot dog buns
    1 large jar of mustard

i could not taste any meat, did i have too much mustard? what is the best way to stop mustard falling out of the bun when you eat?

lol.
    technique! technique!

frenchesmustard.jpg

a squirt of this stuff, diced onion and few drops of tabasco and we're all set then.

As far as dribbles is concerned, its all about quantities. Look what this clown has done:

HotDog83.jpg

• Advertisement

lee_baby_simms ill take two of those dogs to go! extra mustard!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

you're a danger to society and yourself - what you need is a self-mustardising hot dog

hotdog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

does anyone konw where can you get good hot dogs in dublin by the way? The ones in chippers are generally rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

nahdoic wrote:
    you're a danger to society and yourself - what you need is a self-mustardising hot dog

hotdog.jpg

Pop a devil into that piccy and you could end up with a campaign telling eveyone that when you choose ketchup over mustard, you choose COMMUNISM.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

does anyone konw where can you get good hot dogs in dublin by the way? The ones in chippers are generally rotten.

same in the states you can get a foot long anywhere but here its hard only place know is captain americas

• Advertisement

ok, so after some experementing over the last week, i have invented my patented double dog of death (the of death bit makes it sound good!!)

take one hot dog bun, put mustard on the bottom.
    add two hot dogs (paraell to each other)
    line of hot mustard between the dogs.
    add ketchup(optional)
    add onions and mushrooms(optional)
    add cheese(optional)

and enjoy!

the two hotdogs give maximum hotdog flaver, while at the same time stops the all important mustard falling out the side. the onions/mushrooms and cheese combo just tastes damn good too!

enjoy
    tom

Advertisement