Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-zero AX?

Options
  • 09-08-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Is the machine out over here yet??? probably been out ages but Ive never seen it.

Also what are your thoughts on GX? I only got it the other day along with toadstool tour. Im liking it cause it actually seems like it'fast unlike the n64 version. the story mode is cool but i keep spending my tickets on the other cars.

what;'s your favourite craft to race with?????

EDIT: also I have refrained from making custom vehicles as I dont want to waste any good parts I receive. can the parts only be used once or can they be used over and over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

I only race with custom ships.

You can use the parts over and over again. The only limit to using parts is the fact you can only make 4 custom ships!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Uh thats not strictly true. With a second memory card you can have up to 8 custom ships. My favourite custom craft to race with is the Acro Lynx G4 (CBB) which is a great ship, so good in fact I beat all of the staff ghosts with it. My favourite standard ships are the Rainbow Phoenix or the Fat Shark.

I don't know if theres any AX machines here in Ireland but I doubt it considering the quality of our arcades. The closest machines are in Brighton, London and somewhere else in the uk. I still don't get why Nintendo marketed them so fiercly considering they're up there with the 64DD in terms of elusiveness.

What do I think of GX? Well F-Zero GX is probably my favourite gamecube game, theres just so much to do with it and it lasts for months on end as you unlock each character ending. I find Mario Kart DD impossible to go back to after playing GX because it just feels so slow and empty in comparison. I'd also like to take this chance to confess my undying love to Big Blue Ordeal and Lightning Thunder Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I usually use mighty tornado, havent enough memory to build customs at the mo. I'm stuck on the creators scenario, that track is inSANEly hard.

It's the only track in the game where you actually have to ease up on the accelerator. Make copious use of the quick turn and take plenty of time to line yourself up, the AI is a walkover on the 3 difficulties just as long as you know your way around the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I used to be a real contender in all those magazines for top speed at other racing games like diddy koong racing. but F-zero is a different story. they come in at ridiculous times. Cajn anyone actually do that snaking thing that makes you go insanely fast????I Find the difficulty levels to be extremely difficult especially epxert and I can only assume Masyter is insane. the only wasy I figure it's possible to win them s if you use snaking. I have only finishd one of the story modes on hard so far.(the save jody one cause its simple) although thats the last one ive completed . I BOUGHT THE next level last night and went to bed.

I wanna get all those AX machines and tracks but I dont think ill be able to just playing the game normally. You can get all the things from AX by just playing GX but you have to be real good.

Im gonna keep practicing my snaking technique but I dont think ill be able for it. i got some videos of it to actually understand what is done and t's INSANE. the speeds are cool and the game goes ridiculously fast

here they are

http://files.mrfixitonline.com/s/60/mcso_willhaven_26084.wmv 8mb

http://files.mrfixitonline.com/s/60/amp_mengsk_126656.mpg 12mb

• Advertisement

Don't snake in Grand Prix mode...it's not easier what with all the competitors and snaking requires a lot of restarts. Just learn the courses, theres no reason why anyone can't come first in every Master race (save 1 or 2) just as long as they keep boosting. I race using the normal methods 95% of the time simply because I enjoy it more. Snaking is more of a high end tactic...you need to know the tracks etc before you even start trying, its not a quick route to victory like you seem to think.

You've only had the game what? 3 days or so. You're not going to get those machines and tracks straight away, you need to actually put in some time and effort first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I love GX. I hope there will be an AX machine in Ireland sometime. I've unlocked Master mode. I've got master cup on the first 2 (rupy and sapphire), got up to expert on the other 2 (emerald and diamond). My machine of choice is Mighty Huricane. I used to use Deep Claw, but Mighty Hurricane goes faster and has a similar feel. I've unlocked all of the machines except the one you can't buy yet. I'm hoping to get Master cup on all of them, as then you can unlock the AX tracks. I don't know how to do this snaking thing. My main way of playing is dirty. Rather than trying to beat your rival, just push him off the edge. Makes it easier to win. Especially on the first 2 tracks in Diamond cup. Just easy up beside them, and BOOM, side attack and they're out. I can kill about 10 of em Especially Black Bull! Grr. He's the b@startd who nearly always beats me.

Mighty Hurricane is the human guy right? That's who I use.

Does anyone know how you get that other machine? Is it Deathborn? I'm just trying to finish Diamond in expert before I start on master. Basically my tactic is race the best race I can. When seeded 1st I just put acceleration on high and destroy all my rivals.

You get Deathborn for beating story mode I think. Hyper Speeder piloted by Beastman is a good ship too.

Ive beaten the first two cups on all levels up to expert. I havnt even tried the third cup yet. Finding it hard to beat Chapter 7 of the story mode. keep getting third place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There are two versions of FZero AX. There's the standard cabinet and there's the Cycraft "Monster Ride" version. The cars handle completely differently in each version apparently.

monster2.jpg

http://www.smashboards.com/fzero/monster/monster.mov

They have two of these things linked up in Dr. Quirkies in Dublin. Do they have Fzero? Of course not, that would be too intelligent. They have that ****e Naomi 2 karting game.

They really need to get a few Machines in the bigger arcades. like the one on oconnell street and atari expo in the square.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Ive beaten the first two cups on all levels up to expert. I havnt even tried the third cup yet. Finding it hard to beat Chapter 7 of the story mode. keep getting third place.
    If that's the Grand Prix, smack into the mines at the end and they'll fire you across the line...

I HAD finished it just before I read your post but I shall use your techniqe for hard and very hared. I stillll only have completed one story mode on hard. I think i can beat deathborn though cause he was easy in the race.

I have completed the first three cups on expert now and the first two on master. :D getting better. I like using the Hyper speeder.

Anyone reccommend any custom ships to make????? I may get an action replay to use the Japanese parts.

Like I said earlier the Acro Lynx G4 is the best custom ship in the game and is widely regarded as so.

Chapter 7 on Very Hard is pretty damned tough (some say impossible), the AI cheats like theres no tomorrow and it plays nothing like any of the standard races in Grand Prix mode. All you can do for that one is knuckle down and stick with it, the other challenges on very hard seem perfectly fair and easy compared to that doozy.

got the firt three tournaments down on master now,

how do i build tht car>??????

You need the Sky Horse,Super Lynx and Titan G4. You have to beat GP mode on any difficulty to get them but I'm not sure if that includes the last 2 cups.

I make the Acro Lynx. I didnt think it was great. Not the best ship in the game. I made another one I really like and its specs are. B-body, A-boost, A-grip. Cant thik of what its called. Ive read that the 'sky lynx - RX' Is the best car for good players,

Super Lynx(B)(cockpit)
    Sky Horse(C)(body)
    Devilfish -Rx(A)(booster)

The devilfish is an AX machine part.

EDIT:I was just playing for the last two hours. I have now completed he 4 cups on Master and some of the story modes on very hard. :D very happy with myself. I used the ACRO lynx and it was amazing. I havnt gotten that part for the super lynx yet.

how do I get the fat shark????

Good body strength means a heavy, less responsive machine doesn't it?

Pretty much but it also means its less prone to sliding out.
    EDIT:I was just playing for the last two hours. I have now completed he 4 cups on Master and some of the story modes on very hard. very happy with myself. I used the ACRO lynx and it was amazing. I havnt gotten that part for the super lynx yet.

how do I get the fat shark????

Hey I told you the Acro was the way to go ;) You get all those AX cars by beating each of the story mode levels on Very Hard. I think you get the fat shark for one of the latter challenges but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

Ive gotten 4 AX cars now. Fat shark is pants. slides everywhere. I use either the super horse - Z(Its the same as the ACRO LYNX just a different booster I think) and the acro lynx. they fly along.

I built the Acro Lynx G4 and it's pretty damn cool. Previously I was unable to complete the last 2 cups (diamond and emerald?) on master difficulty, but with the acro lynx g4, I got em! I unlocked the AX Cup. Yay! But it's a piece of pi$$ It's way easy. I was able to complete the AX Cup on all difficulties within 2 hours of unlocking it.

I feel like I've unlocked everything in the game, what else is there? How do I unlock the AX machines?

you have to finis the story mode levels on very hard. for every level you finish you get a car! some of them are really hard thuogh. the grand prix one is almost impossible.

Crap, I hate story mode. I haven't gotten past chapter 3 (the one in the bar). Ungh.

well if you cant beat the grand prix on master you shuold have no problem with any of the story mode chapters on normal anyway. i have done 4 of them on very hard I think. the second one, the third one, the bloody chain gang one, and the one were you have to keep your speed above 800kmph

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well if you cant beat the grand prix on master you shuold have no problem with any of the story mode chapters on normal anyway. i have done 4 of them on very hard I think. the second one, the third one, the bloody chain gang one, and the one were you have to keep your speed above 800kmph
    Well I might take another shot at it. The problem is that I don't like the Blue Falcon. I'm not good at driving that machine. Ah well, a new challenge...

Does anyone else think that the multiplayer is shít?

yea im not mad on the multiplayer tbh.

Advertisement