Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dratsum©

Options
  • 07-08-2004 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I dont mean to get up any ones noses or anything but, what do you really see in mustard, I personaly find it disgusting, I just dont see the appeal, it stings you mouth leaves a bad after taste and the colour its just all wrong, the whole condiment just makes me squirm.

So enlighten me what really is so great, and dont just comapre it to other sauces or spreads, convince me on the merits of mustard alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Seek and ye shall find.

Anseo
    Anseo
    Anseo
    Agus Anseo

That's just for starters!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Amz wrote:
    That's just for starters!

I hope that wasn't a delicious pun.

It was rather tasty wasn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think the fact that it stings my mouth is why I like it, although there are many non stingy mustards which are nice too. Kinda tricky to quantify ones liking for a foodstuff innit? Can you quantify why you like the colour pink? And if you did - would your justifications of this make other people think about liking it?

Do you like curry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's much like any other sauce you add to food- Adding it makes the whole much, much tastier than the mustard or, foodstuff, alone. I like mustard because of the taste, mixed with the spicy spicy kick. It adds a great deal of taste to foods, meat in particular. You can't really make a ham sandwich without it.

Nice as it is, it is not for the foolhardy, and must be used with care. To add mustard to a dish with impunity or without the proper respect will wreak bloody havoc on your tastebuds and nasal tissue lining. Mustard is to ketchup as railgun is to BB rifle.

• Advertisement

hmm its starting to grow on me.

tba wrote:
    hmm its starting to grow on me.

Hrm... interesting...got any photos?

Have you considered seeing a doctor about that?

just one photo, the doctor was a bit upset

mustard.jpg

*wretches*

...what the hell is that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Syphilis.

What else.

• Advertisement

I have no idea I just hope its not mustard