Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA, Season 1, Episode 5: Suspicion [Spoilers]

Options
  • 06-08-2004 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Im in amsteramm its great. I cant wait to see this episode when i get home.
    I hopwe its good.

Rate This Episode 11 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    9% 1 vote
    Ok
    45% 5 votes
    Bad
    36% 4 votes
    You wasted 44 mins of my life and i want them back
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Oops, voted bad because I mistook this thread for the SG1 EP5 one :)

Excellent episode again from Atlantis. Good blend of action, humour and tension. I hope they keep up the Athosian's involvement in the show, it definately adds to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i really liked it wonder what they will do with the wraith

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

bizmark wrote:
    i really liked it wonder what they will do with the wraith

Still waiting for SGA to find its feet given time I think it will be good they need a good bit of backround that they are still slowly building up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I enjoyed this one as well. I'm glad they answered my niggling question earlier about food supplies. The old paranoia story/mole among us is a common sci-fi staple but it was done well here because this time it was two distinct parties each convinced of their own innocence (and, refreshingly, both were right). Weir's stance showed she can be tough as needed and I'm respecting her more. I'm also warming more to Ford ("you're just a big kid") but he still can't outshine McKay - great the way he snarks when people don't keep up with him, but I also liked the way he was immediately up for going back for rescuing his team mates. Hell even Tey-lo (heh) was better this week. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Good episode, glad they expanded Tayla's(sp?) character a bit. Compared to SG1's first season, Atlantis is far better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I am liking this so far this was a very good episode
    I like the way that SGA is doing what Sg1 does, doing a episode then 5 or more epiusodes later bringing back something that aready happened.

We probbley wont see that wraith now for another few episodes same with the telosians

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm still a little unimpressed by Atlantis' lack of military precision, but this episode went a long way to alaying my fears. They actually decided to employ some tactics for once! Some of the inconsistencies still bother me though. Dr. Weir is meant to be one of the foremost negotiators of the human race, and yet she seems lost for words most of the time, and incapable of stopping the Athosians from leaving, or in fact perform any kind of negotiation! Grrr.

Still, it was a good episode. The wraith don't inspire a lot of fear in me yet, but I'm hopeful that they'll provide some kind of actual threat before long. Plus, I'm hoping to see some kind of aims and objectives emerge for the Atlantis team, both short-term and long-term. At the moment, it seems a bit vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Arent their short term aims to get some power supply things for atlantis to get back to earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Thats the thing - I dunno. They seem pretty satisfied with staying where they are. I'm sure the ZPMs are part of the plan... in fact, now that you mention it, its beginning to make more sense to me now. Still, we haven't seen too many episodes dedicated to actually getting one yet. Probably because there haven't been too many episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I think it's more like; they need 3 ZPMs to power the shields again (since it's undoubtable that the wraith will attack)

• Advertisement

1 full ZPM will allow back and forth travel from athlantis - earth so we can assume they will never find a full 1, only half filled and almost empty. just enough power to raise shields or power weapons and keep the citty running , and mabe move the city around a bit.

They never told us how long it took for athlantis to get from earth - pegasis galaxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

What bugged me was the end of the episode. Sheppards stops the Wraith from blowing himself up...by threatening to kill it. Wouldn't it make sense just to zap it some more (why doesn't Atlantis have Za'ats, btw?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

(why doesn't Atlantis have Za'ats, btw?)?

been wondering that myself, they're pretty gung ho with their ammo when in a firefight with the wraith, they surely didnt carry all that much through the stargate with them.

What bugged me was the end of the episode. Sheppards stops the Wraith from blowing himself up...by threatening to kill it

it was a stun gun he had and he'd already zapped him, didnt he just knock the stunned wraiths hand away from the detonator.

ye he did just knock thw wraiths hand away, but ye they shoyuld have zats and they rpobbley brought a hell of allot fo ammo or mabe earth will send them more sioon or something

Advertisement