Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1, Season 8, Episode 5: Icon [Spoilers]

Options
  • 06-08-2004 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Im in amsteramm its great. I cant wait to see this episode when i get home.
    I hopwe its good.

Rate This Episode 10 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    10% 1 vote
    Ok
    50% 5 votes
    Bad
    20% 2 votes
    You wasted 44 mins of my life and i want them back
    20% 2 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The episode's name is Icon.

It's dull, drab and done so many times before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

kaids wrote:

It's dull, drab and done so many times before.

They skimped on the action elements and the story didn't really support the episode. As sombody I know said already, hopefully they are saving their budget for somthing big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I actually rather enjoyed this movie...it may have been done way too many times before but it was interesting to see Carter in her role and still not beinng fully able to make big decisions on her own.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Actually I enjoyed this one a lot - despite the fact my US videotape seemed to have the aspect ratio screwed up and chopping some bits off. I think it was the narrative structure that got me, the way they cut between what happened and what was happening with the Ran federation and at the SGC. Michael Shanks acted well here and Jack took a good approach to rescuing him - never doubting he was around (I mean how many times has Daniel died at this point...). Other good things:
    * Scenery and setting. OK so the WWII allusions were a little heavy, as was the Cold War, but it makes a difference from trees everywhere. Nice european industrial feel to the settings - and I liked the before and after-pics
    * The SG1 team screwing up a planet. OK so they've messed up cultures before but the way they triggered the three sides here was something I liked.

Only weaknesses here were when Carter questioned Teal'c's translation of the Goa'uld language (eh hello? He was First Prime - of course he knows the language!). The romantic subplot was dull but thankfully not much was made of it.
    Season 8 is very good so far, especially considering how far we are into the show's lifespan. Well done team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i only thought this episode was ok.
    I like the idia above that they are saving there budget for something big.

It was the worst episode so far in season 8 but it was still a ok episode mabe those guys will keep showing up like the caldonins did (jonas people are called caldonians arnt they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

My favourite episode of the series so far, I think. Admittedly, it didn't have much action, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think the highlight was the all-round acting quality - 10 out of 10 as far as I'm concerned. I was really drawn into the story about the wife and husband, and once again I was impressed by the gritty realism of SG-1, which is in stark contrast to Atlantis. I thought the military precision at the end was realistic too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

kaids wrote:
    So it is. Thread title corrected to reflect this as, given Avatar is next week's episode, we don't want to cause confusion.

Advertisement