Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonfires.....

Options
  • 04-08-2004 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭

Are bonfires legal these days..... ??

I'm in Cork and have masses of garden stuff that could be burnt, neighbours are ok with it, but whats the council thinking on it these days ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Are you going to burn it out your back?....so you say neighbours are ok i gather this is what your going to do..I burned stuff out my back and had no problems...made a big enough bonfire....wrecked the grass though....like when you say bonfire how big?....probably best to get a steel kinda bin of some sorts and just through it in from time to time...

If its in your own back garden id say you'd be fine....but dont quote me... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just take it up to Knocka and it'll be burnt in the weekly bonfires up there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I'd be careful. I live out the country in Co Galway. There is a helicopter that circles the are weekly. I understand they are looking for illegal fires and do prosecute. I'd check it out with the council first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah I'm kinda concerned about other people complaining about it I've just tackled the garden having moved in a few months ago & there's a pile of stuff to be burnt - all very dry, so will be finished in a couple of hours. But I seem to recall 'smokeless zones' & don't fancy spending the rest of the summer in 'old pokey' as fresh meat..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Get one of those garden shredder thingies ... reduces seemingly huge piles of branches to piles of nothing in no time flat. Then either chuck it on your compost heap or use it as mulch. We have a Bosch model 2000HP which is pretty powerful and very quiet (relatively speaking) too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah - at €45 for a single axle trailer - I have enough to fill several trailers here, cheaper to hire a skip if I go that route.

Cork Co. Co. with their 'Green' Waste tip on the South Link would do well to consider their charging structure when they try to enourage recycling.

PLUS, when I tok a second load there recently, they questioned that I was a domestic gardener & initailly refused me !!! - no thanks Cork co co

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

burn it burn it aaahhhh... i cant see wht u cant burn just do it at night the safest we did when we cut down 3tons worth of trees lol one big fire if it where a few years ago we would have had fire wood for ever :rolleyes:

Advertisement