Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been having a look...

Options
  • 07-07-2000 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Well I have been getting back into Tribes ( jumping on to full apc's loaded with players and crashing them into mountains! BUAHAHAHAHAHA!) and I hope they do something about the jet packs in Tribes 2. I mean , some of you may remember a game which I believe preceeded Tribes called 'Out Wars'. You controlled a jet packing space marine and his buddies battling aliens on distant planets in full 3D. This game was excellent and my favourite thing about it was the amount of fuel in the jet packs. You could keep your guy floating for at least 15 seconds , unlike in Tribes where it is more like 6. Also I like how big the levels are but ground vehicles would have been nice. Tribes2 has ground vehicles ( which look very cool. Has anyone seen the ground APC? If so , please direct me to it smile.gif ) but I hope the jet pack is more useful then in tribes.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

... at a link from Blues today. Loads of screenies of T2 - I'm looking forward to it - LOTS!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I take it you never learned how to ski..

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Would the good doctor please explain how to 'ski' to this relative newbie? I see other players flying along the map and I am lagging behind them. Are they using the 'ski' method?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

skiing is a way of reaching super speeds in a heavy while going downhill.

It's done by doing loads of little jumps or you can be a wuss like most "*professional*" rolleyes.gif players and download a script.

First time I saw it Gandalf had just nicked out flag and dropped down right beside me then went shooting off into the distance. You can outrun a light suit in a heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Errrm, you know the jet lasts longer if you have an energy backpack. And if you start your ascent with a little momentum you can get up faster and stay there longer.

Hovering in mid air is a bad idea anyway. All the top players in the last few months have mastered the skill of air discing people. That is if they don't decide to chain-gun you to death. Even I can do the air disc thing and chain people and I'm on a modem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd love to have a game for old time's sake - where are you guys playing? UK I guess?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Advertisement