Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill em all weedkiller

Options
  • 01-08-2004 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recomend a good weedkiller/everything killer

Have a border all the way round the garden thats sunblocked so nothing but crap grows there, im Reclaiming the Hue this weekend and clearing out the bushes and other crap growing there.

Want to put something down that will ensure nothing will grow there as it makes garden bigger for football when its bare.

Although a weedkiller that let grass grow be nice but because of sunblock grass doesnt even grow there much.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

KdjaC wrote:
    im Reclaiming the Hue
    Napalm? Agent Orange? :D
    KdjaC wrote:
    Although a weedkiller that let grass grow be nice but because of sunblock grass doesnt even grow there much.
    Most weeds are broadleaf, grass is narrowleaf (this is one of the most fundamental divisions in plant biology). Ask for a broadleaf-only weedkiller, if you want to keep the bits of grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Unless you want to go to an Agricultural Co-op for on (which I wouldn't recommend as you really need to know what you're doing.....most ofthe commecrial ones work a treat if you get the dosage right. I personally prefer Weedol.

Have just used it to kill a 'wild' patch which included gorse & a couple of wild bushes. For heavier bushes & tree roots...a dose of 'root out' should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

ya cud always salt the earth lolol ;)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Andip wrote:
    I personally prefer Weedol.

I have just used weedol for the drive and paving around the house, well I say just, about 5 days ago. The weeds that were growing in between the edges have kind of died. They have gone brown and shrunk. Will they completely disappear eventually or will they need removing manually?

Edit: Just noticed the age of this thread. :rolleyes:

Advertisement