Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA, Season 1, Episode 4: Thirty-eight Minutes [Spoilers]

Options
  • 31-07-2004 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Vote away, im looking forward to seeing this episode

Rate This Episode 15 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    20%
    Pepe LeFritsKevokFenster 3 votes
    Ok
    53%
    bkehoeAsokRazechomadmanDrEvilUser45701SLIM19198OmegaRed 8 votes
    Bad
    20%
    Spoonmanmr_angryixoy 3 votes
    You Wasted 44 Mins of My Life And I Want Them Back
    6%
    Washout 1 vote

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good
    Terrific episode, nail-biting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Ok
    ill tell you later, didnt get it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Ok
    twas good indeed, but what happened to "The Thing??"

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Good
    Yep, very good episode. Hope the guy with the pony-tail dies a horrible death at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Very good indeed the team is really growing on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Bad
    Meh. It was alright. The plot was the tried and trusted race-against-time survival thing that we've seen so often in sci-fi. I didn't think it was particularly interesting, tbh, and I thought the only bit of character development was the doc with the glasses - seems like a right cheeky b*stard. I wonder if he'll turn out to be a kind of Dr. Smith character, ala "Lost In Space" - almost working against the team at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Ok
    A far better episode than the previous one, though flashbacks annoy me a bit. I'm really getting to like McKay, he's quite entertaining. I'm not to sure about this whole multiple nationalities thing yet. As long as it doesn't mean Americans putting on foreign accents it's fine but otherwise it's a big no-no.

I found it nicely tense and the confrontation between Wier and mister ponytail was good. I can see him becoming an annoying pain in the ass. You've gotta have someone you love to hate.

I believe the bug thing was sucked out into space. Oh, and I thought you were meant to burn leeches off, not put salt on them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bad
    I gave this an Okay (the rating I assume my fellow mod gave it) and there's a couple of reasons behind my thinking. Firstly, I found it quite unorignal too, thematically. As Mr_Angry said it's a very common sci-fi idea to trap the characters together and bounce them off one another. Now I can appreciate this is a good idea initially, to let us get to know the SGA team, but there was something off about the premise - maybe it was because the BugWraith looked like a cheap plastic toy and that distracted me (it really really did).
    Teyla also continues to add nothing to the show although on the plus side:

* I was pleased to see Ford finally get to show some character - he's calm, considered, and intelligent under pressure. He's still no McKay though - my favourite character.
    *The non-main characters are quite interesting... we should definetely be Dr. Kavanagh again. Beckett still amuses and, unlike Sheppard, isn't a copy of his late-SG1 counterpart, Dr. Fraiser. And Grodin gets far more screen time than Walter does.
    * Nice to point out the difference between the SGA operation being under a civilian's authority and not necessarily run in the same way as the military. Certainly room for future conflict there.
    * Continuity maintained on the 38 minute rule.

Personally, I enjoyed this the least of the SGA episodes so far. It's by no means bad... just lacked that something for me. Hopefully next week I'll get over my growing disinterest of Teyla by having her do something interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Good
    I thought it was a great episode. Indeed, it wasn't original, they did the whole bug-in-the-neck thing with Teal'c way back. That said, it had some very good moments and great character development. Teela's people still come across as two-dimensional cutouts. If the producers ever get it into their heads that "alien" actors are actually allowed to act, it'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok
    I enjoyed this episode i thought it was ok but for some reason i rated it as good.
    hmm well anyway one would expect the anchients to be able to have a wormhole open for as long as they want also i just thought of something...

Remember in the episode of Sg1 where tel`c is traped in the gate and the gate has shut itself down. Tel`c was stored in the gates memory buffer and they had to get him out before the presdiant ordered resuming of normel gate travel.

Anyway in therey could u not store a army of 1000`s or millions in the gate?
    Thinkabout it just have 100`s of ppl run into the gate and then destroy the DHD then when the gate. Now u have a large hidden armey in storage for 100s of years without aging a day

• Advertisement
Advertisement