Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder needed

Options
  • 30-07-2004 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a chance to purchase a one off house that is nearly built(1st fixing all done,roofed, windows done ) just needs plastering, plumbing 2nd fixings etc...done. Its in Roscrea and I'm looking to see if anyone could recomend a good ;) builder to Price/ finish off the job.
    cheers
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sentenel wrote:
    I have a chance to purchase a one off house that is nearly built(1st fixing all done,roofed, windows done ) just needs plastering, plumbing 2nd fixings etc...done.
    I'm not from that neck of hte woods so I can't recommend anyone, but your desciption screams of "lemon" nad nobody wants a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Vic
    I have a choice of buying the house finished or at the stage its at now Vic, I would prefare to take it now as I'd like to make some changes but it all depends on price and the Quantity Surveyors report.
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fair enough :)

Just be wary that the two are comparable in quality, time and cost.

There may be homebond issues, etc. with having two builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks for that vic, Don't worry my solicitor will earn ever damn cent of her fee ;) (nay she's very good) :D Is there anything else I should be looking out for?
    cheers
    joe

Advertisement