Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Peeve...

Options
  • 09-08-1999 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

*sigh* Seems the latest string of being a muppet is level changing. I was QameX server (or was it wireplays?) and three muppets on it changed the levels more times then we actually played. At one point they changed the level three times in a row. :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

What was the level? Last weekend there was one instance of some BL members coming onto Qamex, admining themselves and playing Rollercoaster2 over and over even though loads of other people joined the server to play.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The levels varied, but the main guy doing it was someone called Tulip and everyone who was complaining was getting voted out every time. There was some tribe on at the same time called TKI? TFI? Don't think they were doing it as most of them were *****ing about the level change as well.

I think they were just taking the p1ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

what ive been noticing lately is tribes using public servers for praccy and adminning themselves, kicking anyone who comes on. This is kind of lame as theres lots of private ones they can book.

Actually this happened to me as well on one of the IGN/QameX servers? Think it was SS or one of those tribes.

Everyone was playing and then someone says right everyone leave we have a game. I was thinking that it was on another server as most of the tribe left, one of them got admin'ed and then kicked off people (myself included). I wasn't overly p1ssed off about it (after all if it's a tribal game planned I'm not going to interfer) but it was annoying for the fact that I got no warning and when I asked them previously if they were playing on this server and should I leave they just ignored me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Hobbes...Let me just correct that statement please. smile.gif

We booked that server through the normal channels (as we always do) and had reserved it from 9.30pm.

I was being 'nice' by dropping in 30 mins beforehand to warn you all so you could finish your games and get sorted in time. I certainly dont admin myself and kick people. Usually by the time I return 30 mins later to take the server its empty. I always inform ppl that I will be setting a password at 9.20pm and taking the server at 9.30pm. That leaves 30 mins for everyone to finish up.

If someone got admin and kicked you - it certainly wasn't me. Its not my style - as anyone who knows me will tell you.

We (Starslayers) do not hog public servers. If you doubt any of this then by all means send some emails to servers@qamex.com - since thats how we book / reserve them.

The only suggestion I can make is that the Qamex admins put up a page on the web with server reservation details. They you will know who has it booked and when.

Hope this clears up any incorrect perceptions smile.gif

[SS-02]Coyote
    European Ambassador
    Starslayer Tribe starslayer.gibbed.com/starslayer.htm

"Abandon All Hope!"

[This message has been edited by SS 02 Coyote (edited 17-08-99).]

• Advertisement

Well... all I can say is that we reserve the same server every time (QAMEX TRIBES 2) through the proper channels and then try to give ppl 30 mins notice before locking it down with a password and then taking it.

this is a regular event for Sunday nights. Its our Praccy night. If people have a problem with us reserving a server - well there is not a lot I can do about that is there smile.gif

I mean thats what they are there for in the first place - otherwise Suds/Zitco wouldn't let us reserve them. I can't see what else we (SS) can possible do beyond warning people in advance (which we do already).

[SS-02]Coyote
    European Ambassador
    Starslayer Tribe http://starslayer.gibbed.com/starslayer.htm

"Abandon All Hope!"

I feel like I'm on a roundabout. smile.gif

I knew you's reserve a server, and I knew you were's going to play a game, I just didn't know what server and no one was telling me anything. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

mabye SS do it properly but I have certainly come across many incidents of tribes taking over public servers for matches by flooding it with their own players and adminning themselves. Which is really low as it shows they couldnt be arsed booking private servers like WP or Qamex.

Personally I think the admin voting should be removed in a future patch.

Hey, I'm not giving out just stating a fact. tongue.gif

If I was annoyed over it you's would of been flamed to death here 5 mins after it happend, but I just moved to another server. Just after asking "is it this server or another server?" numerous times I was just saying to myself are these guys for real. tongue.gif

Hobbes...the point I'm trying to make is that if I logon to a game and then tell ppl I will be taking this server in 30 mins (blah blah blah) - how can you be confused about which server it is? I mean why would I logon to one server to tell ppl that I was taking a different one???

It's obviously the one you are on, and the one that I have just connected to smile.gif

Dont flame me - I'm not trying to be smart here. But I do not see how you can be confused about which server is being taken??????

[SS-02]Coyote
    European Ambassador
    Starslayer Tribe http://starslayer.gibbed.com/starslayer.htm

"Abandon All Hope!"

• Advertisement

Ok are you sitting comfy? Are you paying attention?

THEY DID NOT SAY THAT THEY SAID "OK EVERYONE LEAVE WE HAVE A GAME". THEN MOST OF THE TRIBE THAT WERE PLAYING THERE LEFT NOT THE NON TRIBE MEMBERS. I ASK WHERE IS THE GAME BEING PLAYED AND I AM TOTALLY IGNORED AND BOOTED OFF ABOUT 5 MINS LATER DESPITE THIER BEING MORE NON TRIBE PLAYERS THEN SS. *ahem*

For all I know they were talking to thier tribe. I'm not flaming but I seem to have to keep repeating myself.

smile.gif

Well - at least you can't say I ignored you wink.gif

Advertisement