Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any jazz folks need a drunmmer?

Options
  • 30-07-2004 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Any you jazz kings in bands need a drummer who needs to play more?,,and can adapt to most musical situations?....MAYBE!..> I can be useful to a band out there thats stuck for a drummer etc....

drop me a mail if it's so.....ciao' amigos...Baggio.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

Ciao Baggio,
    What kind of jazz do you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Hi Shark,
    ..well tell you the truth as a hard rock fan I'm not really sure, but as a fan of Neil Peart the drummer form RUSH - who is an all round master and who incorporates a big band jazz part in his drum solo's :I do know that I enjoy some of that swing jazz sort of big band jazz sound, even good ol' Paddy Cole's swinging new orleans sound appeals to me. So am wondering if it's possible for me to branch out and try a bit,. It's a risky idea,,but i'd love to try it,,,wil soon buy a couple of pairs of brushes to help the groove and style settle in .

how about you?...cuiao amigo...Baggio........

Well Baggio, I'm a bit like you, from a rock background, listening to Rush and King Crimson, but hoping to get into Jazz guitar, looking for other players to jam with who know more then me.

Hey shark,,good to hear back,,
    and hey!!,,Im rush's biggest fan in this country I think!! *seeing them next month in the UK!*....,,maybe you and I should organise something and have a jamm soon,,Im with an outfit who I really have to decide this week as to wether I want to continue with or not, have been able to put any drumming stuff i like in the music, but every time we look for a girl singer, they let us down, or run away or we never hear of them,. it's soul destroying I tell you, and now the guitarist I work with is getting lazy and Im really fed up, yet our music Im convinced if it got a chance would be really special,,,
    So Im being held up by these combinations and dont know what to do!..I realy want to play a heck of a lot,,and yet,,,no luck,,i have a terrific kit and play well,,just need musicnas who are excited about musc and play well ,,,,what do you think?

ciao' amigo,,,baggio............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Im rush's biggest fan in this country I think!!

We know baggio :D !! You're the new world man!
    You even surpass me.... :D

• Advertisement

so what you think?.shall we meet up sometime soon and put together an outfit with some class?..we can do it,I KNOW WE CAN!!

Let me know bud...ciao amigo.,,,Baggio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Rush? :confused: Are they in the same ballpark as Dokken or Yes?

My friends old man used to play them all the time in the 80s and he was also a huge fan of the two i mentioned.

Baggio wrote:
    so what you think?.shall we meet up sometime soon and put together an outfit with some class?..we can do it,I KNOW WE CAN!!

Let me know bud...ciao amigo.,,,Baggio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sounds good Baggio. Just need to find a bass player and maybe even a horn player or 2...

Lee baby ,,thats correct about Rush, the 3 finest musicians in the rock business,,,,their drumer has appeared on several buddy rich tributes and produced one featuring many greats like Ghadd, Smith, smitthy smith etc,,,Yes are interesting, but Rush are dammm briliant in any way one can think of!
    Shark,,,,welll lets see what happens, ever since I started putting out feelers about meeting other folks for bands etc, I seem to be getting a lot of answers...so maybe our Jazz style corner will be good too!

ciao' amigos..Baggio........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Bass player here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Jazz guitarist here too if you need another!!

Advertisement