Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wtf is this! :)

Options
  • 16-06-1999 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

testscreen.gif

lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's a screenshot from the forthcoming "Normandy" mod for Tribes.

I kid you not.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

As far as I know its not forthcoming any more sad.gif

The Normandy and WW3 mods were cancelled officially for whatever reasons, unofficially for infighting between the groups - or so the rumour goes anyway smile.gif

I think a new venture is taking some of the work from either Normandy or WW3 and attempting to produce a new mod - but don't hold your breath.

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Think it was someone from one of the teams stole the source code from the other team or something.

No one would tell me, and when I tried to investigate it people are erasing what happend from webboards.

Brit would know, but I don't think he would reply (you don't have to smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

It is indeed the screenshot of a Sherman Tank in Tribes. It is part of the Normandy mod (now cancelled) - which also included accurate representations of Panzer tanks, Stuka dive bombers, field artillery (with recoil) and so on...

For those of you who don't know: the XGN WWW3 mod crew were caught gaining unauthorised access to the Normandy mod's machine (a warning for those who will be getting ADSL/Cable in the future) and ripping off their code and models. Subsequently, following this ridiculous behaviour, the Normandy mod closed its doors.

--Brit--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SS 02 Coyote

Sad, init? sad.gif

Regards,

[SS-02]Coyote
    "Abandon All Hope!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

And here is more details...

www.generationzer0.addr.com/phantom.html

Hmm, after reading it some, he said PSS where only in it for the money, and also PT but I thought PT was PSS? Or did he mean P-T? (it's all confusing smile.gif)

If they had pulled that crap on me, they would be looking at the FBI paying them a little visit.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 17-06-99).]

Advertisement