Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan's

Options
  • 28-07-2004 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

So, we know that there are MILLIONS out there that use this on a daily basis & that all the big names are the ones with the rep for being the best.. but are they really??

Time to LIST your fave tan & mention why its your fave :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Rimmel Tan Towels cos they're easy to apply and cheap and don't look orange - on me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

My fave tan is Rimmel too, but i use the SunShimmer Liquid version. Fab price, fab color & NO streak (well not if you apply with a mit anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Where can I get the tan towel things?
    Am away in a few weeks, work mad shifts and hardly see any daylight let alone sunlight when it bothers to come out..hence, at this moment in time I am a bit pasty

how much are they?

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

I've tried EVERYTHING, here are a few of the results....
    St Tropez - used it or ages but come to the conclusion it's not the best on the market despite the hype...maybe it once was
    L'oreal- the spray one, for those on a budget it aint half bad, wore it on my debs back in the day and looked naturally ravishing.
    Fake Bake- don't go there, a bloody mess !
    Dior- excellent, expensive 10/10
    Sun Shimmer- desperate times.....
    Lancome- good, can be streaky, so not to be done in the dark.
    Clarins- orange, my skin is of a browner tone so looked revolting.
    Clinique (spray)- smelly nightmare, don't go there even for the free stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've used an Ambre Solaire one but the smell made me feel ill (it was too sweet or something) It covered well and I got very little streaking/blotching.

The one I've stuck to though is No. 7 It gives a very natural coverage and leaves little or no streaks/blotches I'm happy enough to stay with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

no offense but i always find fake tan kinda minging looking :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by dubhthach

I really have to concur...
    There's nothing as off-putting as a fake tan, it really does ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I hate fake tan...its so fake and tacky.

Originally posted by dubhthach

Only if it's applied too heavily!

When I use it it's generally for an occasion where there's a lot of skin on show just to give myself a bit of a glow.

Anyway... I couldn't give a flying fuck what other people thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Originally posted by Amz
    Anyway... I couldn't give a flying fuck what other people thought :D [/B]

aye that's a quality i've noticed in ye amzie ;)

• Advertisement

O_ó

dubhthach wrote:

So why bother posting in a thread where people are supposed to mention their fave tans if you don't have one.
    In my opinion i hate the ORANGE look, but i love the glow the Rimmel one gives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Rimmel Tan Towels cos they're easy to apply and cheap and don't look orange - on me anyway

You a bloke who uses fake tan???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

In lieu of fake tan, Channel Ultimate Bronze is the bloody business. A smidge on the face and chest is really really natural and looks spiffy. About 30yoyos on strawberrynet but well worth the investment as it'll last forever and gives you the most natural looking pick-up for fake-tanphobes.

In lieu of fake tan, Channel Ultimate Bronze is the bloody business. A smidge on the face and chest is really really natural and looks spiffy. About 30yoyos on strawberrynet but well worth the investment as it'll last forever and gives you the most natural looking pick-up for fake-tanphobes.

Oh cool, might check that out because i'm beginning to use a lot more of Chanel recently

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I use Piz Buin spray tan it's great it works really well doesn't look orange at all. doesn't smell either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

ballooba wrote:
    You a bloke who uses fake tan???

Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Amz wrote:
    Only if it's applied too heavily!

When I use it it's generally for an occasion where there's a lot of skin on show just to give myself a bit of a glow.

Anyway... I couldn't give a flying fuck what other people thought :D

Ok thats slightly contradictory. You don't give a fk what people think but you wear fake tan at special occasions where there is skin on show.

Personally I dont go for the fake tan look either. Much prefer natural skin colour, if they have a tan in the first place, that's fine, if they don't that's better than fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i have never used fake tan in my life. i have pasty ass skin but i just couldn't give a crap. its all so much effort and expense for something that will probably look crap and even if it looks good will wear off in a few days.

Apparently farmers tan is in this season.

Makin a mega comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 murnettie

I love Fake Bake, I find it the most natural. I have never tried it out of a bottle only with a spray, its what i use on my clients. But i have had quite a few of them done.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This thread is nearly 5 years old. Please start a new one rather than bumping threads this old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement