Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps of proposed new Dublin roads?

Options
  • 27-07-2004 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a house in Clonsilla, however I've just been alerted to the fact that there is a major new road planned from Ongar to bypass Clonsilla village. From how it was described to me, this road could block off a pedestrian route to Clonsilla station, easy access to which is a major selling point of the house for me.

I've trawled through some of the most boring documents imaginable from the archives of Fingal County Council, but I can't find anything with a map showing where the proposed road will go. Does anyone know of a website where I might be able to find such a map?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, so Mods please feel free to move elsewhere if required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,250 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Take a look at this, but note that it is a draft and that it should be compared to the current plan also.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/services/PLANNING/Forward_Planning/DraftPlan_2005-2011.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Victor wrote:
    Take a look at this, but note that it is a draft and that it should be compared to the current plan also.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/services/PLANNING/Forward_Planning/DraftPlan_2005-2011.htm

Is it updated though ?
    In Pelletstown by the royal canal (Ashtown\Blanchardstown, between the river road and the canal), it is marked as 'to protect and improve high amenity areas' yet it is presently being physically built as residential for about over 1200 homes!! : :rolleyes:

Not exactly up to date, never mind the year 2005-2011 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,250 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gurramok wrote:
    Is it updated though ?
    No, it's a future plan.
    gurramok wrote:
    Is it updated though ?
    In Pelletstown by the royal canal (Ashtown\Blanchardstown, between the river road and the canal), it is marked as 'to protect and improve high amenity areas' yet it is presently being physically built as residential for about over 1200 homes!! : :rolleyes:
    Are you sure? Do you mean the land between the canal and the river? Which was zoned in the Dublin City Development Plan 1999 and a "Conservation Area" and Z16 "To be developed in accordances with approved residential action area plans." and subsequently subject to Variation Number 3 - Reservation of rail line to airport (Adopted February 2001)?

http://www.dublincity.ie/planning/devplan.htm (plug-in required).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ahhh, you're right.
    I shouldn't be reading maps and their boundaries when a bit tipsy late at night.

I still wonder though will that train station be developed at Pelletstown, no sign of it yet.

Advertisement