Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 Archive Federal Charges

Options
  • 26-07-2004 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

it probably is. what a shower of kuntz. defintely trying to make an example of a showcase fansite as a warning to others. its just rediculous. lovely example of what will no doubt be the 1st of many abuses of the "Patriot" Act by U.S. authorities.
    wonder how many echelon alarm bells are beside my i.p. address now for saying that.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm assuming it's related to those tiny .asfs that people only got so they could get a sneak peek ahead, without waiting. I imagine many of those fans would have gone on to buy the DVDs afterwards (I know I have) supported by the large amounts of sales generated by the site. This sort of activity is particularly vile and is exactly the sort of activity to backfire on the greedy jumped up studios. Vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Absolutely sickening. Who at MGM makes these kinds of decisions? To be honest, I'd love to find out, so I can track them down and give them a piece of my mind.

[heavy sarcasm]
    What'll we do today boss?
    I know - we'll alienate all of our hardcore fan base with some strong-arm tactics.
    [/heavy sarcasm]

I have to say, I'm hardened against the RIAA and MPAA more and more each day. I think I'm at the point where I hope the entire industry crashes and burns. And I say that despite the fact that I have several good friends working within the industry, and worked within it myself for 3 years.

On another note, it really highlights the danger of posting such material online these days. Ever wonder why Boards bans Bit Torrent links? You have your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its paramounts sueing of star trek fan sites all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I remember that site, the downloads never worked for me so i stoped going there. That as someone said years and years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement