Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gay Channel due out in Feb

Options
  • 26-07-2004 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Gay Channel Coming Out with Cher, Cumming Projects
    Sun Jul 25, 2004 06:02 PM ET

By Andrew Wallenstein
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Cher, Scottish actor Alan Cumming and comedian Kathy Griffin are among the stars who have come aboard the new gay-themed digital cable channel, Logo, which is scheduled to launch in as many as 15 million homes in February.

Cher and her daughter, Chastity Bono, will executive produce "Family Outing," a chronicle of "coming-out" stories based on Chastity's book of the same name. Chastity will also host.

"We're thrilled that Cher's first foray into television production is with Logo," said Matt Farber, who is expected to be named general manager of the Viacom-owned channel.

Among the other projects are "The Alan Cumming Experience," which features the "X-Men" actor hosting a cabaret-like variety show; "Fantastic Voyage," a reality series set on an ocean-liner cruise hosted by Griffin ("The D List"); "My Fabulous Gay Wedding," which focuses on gay nuptials, with actor Scott Thompson ("Kids in the Hall") hosting; and "Do I?" which gauges whether couples are ready for marriage.

The channel's schedule will primarily be initially composed of more than 150 acquired movies and documentaries with gay themes, including "Gods and Monsters" and "An Early Frost." The original programming will hit the airwaves in the months after launch.

Logo also is in discussions with Margaret Cho and Sandra Bernhard for original programing as well as with producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron ("The Reagans").

In addition, the channel plans to collaborate on programing with sister Viacom entities including CBS News, MTV, TV Land and VH1, with which it is co-producing "The Big Gay 100," a special ranking gay cultural icons.

Other specials in the works include "The Road to Logo," a 90-minute documentary on milestones in gay culture featuring interviews with Melissa Etheridge, B.D. Wong and Judith Light, and a first-ever broadcast of the GLAAD Media Awards next year.

Logo is still in negotiations to acquire gay-themed series, with possibilities including fellow Viacom network Showtime's "Queer as Folk."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

ouh thank you for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gidotcom

So far all the programming looks very stereotypical.
    But I still welcome it and if it was screened in Ireland then i'd watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah, sounds rather camp and fluffy :)

hopefully it'll mature into something better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

Probably the AIDS channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Six Feet Under is still the best series for mature gay storyline that doesn't have to be depressing IMO. Everything else is either fluffy pink camp or black&dour morose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

LoL
    Has anybody here subscribed to Gay tv on sky digital?
    It's well... medium Prún from looking at the free previews with what looks like some very nice lads :D

I see theres a couple of gay radio stations on there too including gaydar radio :)

I agree about six feet under, tiz excelent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

thats only in America isnt it, we're not getting it over here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SkyDigital 688 GayDateTV (looks cr*p)
    SkyDigital 992 Gay TV

=====

Sky puts a lot of tr*pe on (GOD channel, Indian stuff, etc), so I'd say they'd put it on once there was demand for it. Due to the type (ie; gay) of media, it may be put on after 7 or 8 to please the varius parent group / general nazi's in power.

Advertisement