Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game of Life

Options
  • 23-07-2004 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Did anyone ever play "the game of life", you were a little peg that was in a car and you went around the board and got jobs and pensions and stuff.

The best bit was when you got to sue someone, the sick fear on the faces of the other players and you decided who to rob of all their cash.

in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i still play the game of life :) millionaire me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I bought it in 1982 - still have it at home

selling your children at the end was great

Status Symbols etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Second only to Snakes and Ladders in the board game with the least amount of skill. there's just absolutely no point to it whatsoever. And they try to fool you with that spinny wheel instead of a die..

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth

selling your children at the end was great

LOL, what madness, selling your kids. forgot about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I remember this! Wasn't there a little bridge you drove over? I can remember my little brother chewing the pink and blue pegs so they wouldn't fit into the car anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Heh, I just played it today. I have some crazy old version though, and we lost the instructions so we've never been sure how to play exactly, but I still think it's really not any kind of a match for Monopoly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

i remember this so well. one christmas, when i was an innocent little thing, all i wanted was a particular board game... and instead i got the game of life. i got over the initial disappointment and had lots of fun! come to think of it, i can't even remember what i had originally wanted

Advertisement