Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART ... Happy Birthday!

Options
  • 23-07-2004 8:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

20 years old today! The first train left Pearse at 6.35 this day in 1984. I believe the Olympics in Los Angeles were also on that summer. I remember my first trip on it out to Booterstown. Actually I went as far as Blackrock as I thought the doors opened automatically at each station and I stood by the doors when it stopped in Booterstown and nothing happened.

20 years later the DART has proved to be successful and worth the investment. Does it take 20 years of proven success for the project to continue and upgrade the Maynooth and Kildare lines? Hell, even if you don't electrify them at least call them DART's!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Dublin Area Rapid Transit
    Happy birthday to you

It seems to have gone well despite the early misgivings about it. Let's hope LUAS is the same.

Advertisement