Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: LGBT Couples

Options
  • 22-07-2004 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi All,

Green Inc Film contacted me yesterday about a programme entitled: Relation Resolutions for RTE ONE, aimed at breaking down prejudice and changing people's lives in an extremely positive way.

They are focusing on a common place real life situation where prejudice exists - so they can offer help to people to break the prejudice down. (They have dedicated professional counsellors)

They are looking to find couples who are in a loving relationship - but who are unfortunately experiencing prejudice - because one (or both) of the partner's parents / family members disapprove of their choice of romantic partner - because they are in a gay or lesbian relationship, from a different country, or disapprove of their choice of romantic partner because they are in an age gap relationship. You could of course be experiencing more than one prejudice at one time: eg. a mature gay black muslim man in a relationship with a white, catholic, younger gay man etc

Their Relationship Counsellor - who has years of experience successfully helping people resolve prejudice based problems - will practically and constructively use her unique skills to break this prejudice down and resolve the problem.

If you are experiencing these issues and would like to participate, please e-mail myself at conor@6pc.info and I will forward the producers contact details to you.

I have been informed that they are serious about this being a healing developmental process and not a sensationalist T.V. production. Given the subject matter and the level of care they are going to , I imagine this to be true - but you naturally need to way up the pro's and con's of this situation and make an informed decision yourself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Stefan

mmm Green Inc - why does that name ring a bell?
    Is that Patrick Kielty's company in Belfast?

I'd say there are lots of pros and cons to be weighed up allright.

Advertisement