Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expiry Date

Options
  • 20-07-2004 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I have a jar of standard coleman's (that hasn't been opened ) with an expiry date of March 04.

Do you think it would be ok to use it ? I mean mustard is pretty resilient stuff, maybe the manufacturers are simply covering themselves by putting this exiry date on it.

Any advice appreciated.

davej

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

go for it dave
    what's the worst that can happen*?!

*I will accept no responsibility whatsoever if something does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'm going to give it a go tonight.

The problem is you can't really smell the jar to see it it's gone off, as the odour of the lovely mustard is so overwhelming!

davej

mmm mustard
    I believe I shall make another salad dressing tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i take it since there has been no reply that davej has died of food poisoning and that his children have been orphaned, shame on you beruthiel

Originally posted by Shaque attack
    i take it since there has been no reply that davej has died of food poisoning and that his children have been orphaned, shame on you beruthiel

Mr(Ms) Attack
    if you would care to take another look at my post above you will note that I stated I would accept no responsibility whatsoever if something happens to him, after all he is a grown man and tbh who'll miss him anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Well just to put peoples' minds at rest, I survived my rendezvous with almost certain death at the hands of the jar of expired mustard. It went onto a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and i am happy to report that I suffered no ill effects. On the contrary, it was delicious.
    if you would care to take another look at my post above you will note that I stated I would accept no responsibility whatsoever if something happens to him, after all he is a grown man and tbh who'll miss him anyway?

Beruth i'm shocked that a fellow mustard lover would be so uncaring. What with your efforts to tempt me to try the jar, you sound more like a minion of mayonnaise; creamy and seductive yet always cold and never truly satisfying.

davej

don’t be surprised dave,
    I’m really an evil callus biatch masquerading as a kind and caring person – a bit like hot mustard in fact – good to taste but if you put too much on your sammich you’ll burn the mouth off yourself
    I suppose I'm glad enough to see you're still alive....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Whatever about putting on your sandwiches, a safer bet would probably be to cook with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Or take it out to dinner, they love that.

Advertisement