Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate atlantis did well

Options
  • 20-07-2004 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Click meh

"Rising" improved a whopping 33 percent on the season premiere of sister show Stargate SG-1, which earned a record-setting 2.4 rating the previous week.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to say after seeing it, it seemed ok, I wouldn't say WOW IT WAS EXCELLENT but it was ok to watch
    I'll have to wait n see what the next ep is like
    :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

U cant judge it until the end of the 1st season. With SG1 it took a while for the charactors to "click" with one another. U have to give the actors time to adjust to this new show. I have high hopes for it.

I think if enough fans complain about the wraith they will write it into the show that there was a mmistake and the wraith wernt responsable for defeating the anchients because it makes no sence.

If the asguard where involved in a war dont u think that either the Asguard or the Furlings would join the war? There is no evidence of that happening

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's a great start for the show, seeing as it smashed a record for the station - executives must be happy (although SG-1 has always done them proud). Such figures are important though for anyone considering buying the show internationally - such as Sky. Since most of the viewers here liked the pilot (not loved) we'll all be watching for a while longer so I'm sure we can probably expect a full season.

Also, as pointed out, shows can take a while to develop. SG-1's first season was an example of this (I still shudder at "Emancipation"). DS9 is another example of a spin-ff show that needed some time to find its way. SGA has certainly taken off much faster I feel and hope it continues on and upwards.

As to the Wraiths, remember what Marilyn Manson said - that the ones encountered so far were only the guardians. We have yet to really see them. Give them time to frighten the bejesus out of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by ixoy
    Also, as pointed out, shows can take a while to develop. SG-1's first season was an example of this (I still shudder at "Emancipation"). DS9 is another example of a spin-ff show that needed some time to find its way. SGA has certainly taken off much faster I feel and hope it continues on and upwards.

Amen brother! :D Ds9 took around 3 years to click but when it did :eek: best star trek ever.Seeming you lot like Atlantis i would assume the writeing and general stargate "feel" is good if the foundation is soild the show will be fine.

And i agree with your view on emancipation i very nearly stopped watching stargate when i seen that ep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Cold Lazarus was quite bad so was the 1 (cant rem the name) where they send a malp to the planet where all the people on the planet live in symbiosus with the plants and when the malp crashes it damages the plant. That was bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I watched Rising a few days ago and I can't wait for the rest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Zetsuei

I've really enjoyed the first couple of episodes I've seen, it's an interesting take on the Stargate theme.

I did get a Marylin Manson vibe off that Wraith in ep 2 :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm not surprised that it's doing well in the ratings. It has a large SG1 fan base that has been waiting for this for a while. On top of that, everybody has heard the myth of Atlantis so any show with that in its name would get some casual onlookers.

My initial impression of Atlantis, having seen the first 3 episodes, is that its a good show. So far there has been plenty of action, good humour and interesting stories. That being said however, I felt the Wraith were a bit over done and I don’t like the opening credit sequence. The credit sequence might seem like a small thing but if I never knew what Atlantis was and saw that, I'd change the channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sbstiff

I have now finished watching the first four episodes of Atlantis and of season 8 of SG1 and i think that the people back at stargate HQ deserve the biggest pat on the back.
    As has already been said the humour, mystery/intrigue and action is exceptional.
    I liked the the credits and the theme music but i feel the credits themselves have quick and short clips that don't give you a feel for what Atlantis is about. Liked the Music
    I would like to see this show last at least 7 years especially if we get to see Atlantis Rise into the sky like it once did.
    Atlantis does have an advantage over SG1 in that it gets to learn of it predicessor in what the audience wants (like me).
    GO ATLANTIS
    GO SG1 (Season 8)
    :D

Advertisement