Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crystal Maze

Options
  • 19-07-2004 11:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The best programme of the early 90's anyone remember? for you avid fans out there reruns are on challenge sky digital channel 121 god i wish they made a new series.

maze%20map.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's nothing without the baldy guy presenting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

"No use the green one"
    "the green one"
    "it's behind you"
    "the green one........aghhhhhhh........the ****ing green one"

One of few shows that makes you scream at the TV

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    it's nothing without the baldy guy presenting it

yeah Richard o' Brien "mumsy"

god it makes shout at the tv your right your teamates are shouting there heads off what to do and they still walk around looking what to do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Ah, my first addiction! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I watch the reruns on sky whenever I can, that was a great show, but only the ones with Richard O'Brien he brought so much more character to it than other guy with the curly hair.

I remember that whatever night it was on the whole family used to sit down and watch it on channel 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Furp
    other guy with the curly hair.

Ed Tudor-Pole??

yeah he presented the series' 5 & 6 not as good as o' Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

:eek: i cant remember starting that thread im going insane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I worked back-set on the original show - O'Brien was a complete lunatic but great to work with....The show was filmed in an old aircraft hanger & he'd arrive in full biggles gear pretending to fly around the set for hours on end....

Very strange guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Xerxes

the baldy guy was good and he looked like he enjoyed his job. The prizes were kinda rubbish though but nobody ever seemed to win them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Xerxes
    The prizes were kinda rubbish though but nobody ever seemed to win them anyway.

Ah, but the prizes are just a bonus if you get to appear on a show like the Crystal Maze. It's the honour of the thing.

(Yes, jumping around in a big glass crystal is honourable.)

Originally posted by Andip
    I worked back-set on the original show - O'Brien was a complete lunatic but great to work with....The show was filmed in an old aircraft hanger & he'd arrive in full biggles gear pretending to fly around the set for hours on end....

Very strange guy

was the set connected the way you see the map or was the dome like at the side or something + did you work there when industrial zone was there? god it must have being cool did you get to play any of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I loved the Crystal Maze! One of my childhood memories. *reminisces* I always got so freaked out that they were gonna get trapped in the room if they didn't complete the task on time and it really scared me... hmm... I was only young, okay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Possibly the highlight of my teenage years was when I was in Blackpool and found an attraction called the Crystal Maze. As I was a massive fan, I insited the family go, and lo and behold, it was something similar to the real thing! There was about 20 to 30 games to play in 4 zones, but you didnt get to play them all. It was the best hour ever! I played the Crystal Maze!!

On another note, does anyone remember the similar but more dangerous show that was on TV5 in French? It was called Fort something, set in this crazy stone building in the middle of the sea, with a hot chick presenting it and a midget dude as her side kick. It had lions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Originally posted by robbie1876

On another note, does anyone remember the similar but more dangerous show that was on TV5 in French? It was called Fort something, set in this crazy stone building in the middle of the sea, with a hot chick presenting it and a midget dude as her side kick. It had lions too.

Yeah, I remember that. And they had to go around collecting words or something crazy like that. Cheap imitation of the crystal maze, I says! Although lions make things better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Originally posted by Andip

Very strange guy

Would a sane man be responsible for the rocky horror picture show?

Riff Raff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    yeah Richard o' Brien "mumsy":

LOL, I had forgotten about "mumsy". :D

Great show!

"Will you start the fans... please?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I really loved this show until o'Brien stopped presenting it - then it turned to muck.... i think a huge part of it was O'Brien's kookiness..... beats the pants off alot of show today.... am getting sick of "so-called-reality" - <RANT> tell me, how is it reality when you coup up 8-10 people in a house they can't really leave???? A monkey who likes to roll around in its own feces could come up with a better concept!!!!!!! </ENDRANT>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by robbie1876

Fort Boyard?? with mellinda messenger and the little guy jack.

"Jack!! the door!"

• Advertisement

Fort Boyard?? with mellinda messenger and the little guy jack.

"Jack!! the door!"

yeah the the bunch of midgets :D

Advertisement