Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ohm

Options
  • 19-07-2004 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Just received a copy of Ohm - 'Live on KPFK 90.7FM'

Wow, anyone into guitar based jazz should definitely hunt this down, ditto anyone into the likes of Vai, Satriani, etc who wants something a little less cock rock. Phenominal guitar playing by Chris Poland, unbelievable 6 string fretless bass by Robertino Pagliari and Ginger Baker's son, Kofi, definitely not in his old man's shadow on drums. I haven't been this impressed since I first heard 'Birds Of Fire'. Wow :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Baker's son, Kofi,
    :eek: i didn't know that...

Sounds brilliant, must get my hands on that soon.

Doc have you heard Alex Skolnick's post-Testament material?
    Attention Deficit, the Alex Skolnick Trio....all good stuff worth checking out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Man that CD is unbelievable. I can't explain in words how good it is. Got it from www.grooveyardrecords.com along with Poland solo stuff (Metalopolis remaster, etc). It's one of the few albums where you find yourself left speechless by the skill of all the musicians.

Also keeping me out of trouble is Aghora (Sean Reinert, Sean Malone, two guitarists who were huge Cynic fans and a female singer) Yup, it's as good as you could hope for - finally found a dutch company selling the CD. It's like the follow up CD Cynic never got to make. Reinert is God and the guitarists are really, really high quality.

Aghora is brilliant, but i only have a few mp3s.

Can you link us up with that dutch compay?

(you can always rely on Doc for the good stuff :D )

Consider it done :)

Edit -> Check this out, it's a video of Reinert recording one of the drum tracks, it's actually the second last song on the album. Beautiful.

Brilliant stuff...

I hear the last Gordian Knot is unreal - have you heard it yet?
    Good site, i'll be sure to order from them. Gordian Knot is the type of stuff you can expect to pay "only 29.99 !!" for in HMV etc...robbing bastards.

• Advertisement

Ancient1 wrote:
    Brilliant stuff...

I hear the last Gordian Knot is unreal - have you heard it yet?
    Good site, i'll be sure to order from them. Gordian Knot is the type of stuff you can expect to pay "only 29.99 !!" for in HMV etc...robbing bastards.

Indeed. Until those theiving bastids realise they're in a global marketplace all my money will go abroad to folks who don't rip me off. God bless the internet. Gordian Knot is high on my list of "gets" but it'll have to wait for a month or so. Just had to magic up €2K of college fees :(

Psychotic Waltz are another of the ilk who have got me intrigued, I'm keeping an eye out for an absurdly cheap copy of Mosquito on the Bay, though word is they have re-released their albums with bonus DVDs... Nice.

Yeah - so much good music, so little time and even less money...

Advertisement