Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray to Finglas and back every day!

Options
  • 18-07-2004 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm due to go to College for my apprentice in Finglas, Dubber Cross on the 26th of this month. I think it starts at 9.30 every day. Finishes about 5. What's the best route to take to avoid traffic and all? I have a car but I'm only on my provisional. If need be, I'd probably take the risk of going on the motorway. What time do you reckon I'd be rising and reaching home at? Would it make more sense to rent a room somewhere closer for the 5 months?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Your best bet is to leave the car at home...it will take to long and cost you a bomb in petrol.

One route you could take is to get a Dart to Howth Juction and then get a 17a bus to Finglas.Or get of the Dart in town and get a 40 bus out to Finglas...much faster and you can sleep on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From city: 40A, 40B, 40C, 40D, 83,
    FRom DART 17A (Kilbarrack), 104 (Clontarf Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd get to finglas and back with €5 petrol I'd say.

Is it too dodgy to get a room in Finglas would you say?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Originally posted by cormie
    I'd get to finglas and back with €5 petrol I'd say.

Is it too dodgy to get a room in Finglas would you say?

What do you drive a 50cc bike....?there are some nice areas around Finglas,and with DCU being close loads of places rent out rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭cormie

when does the term start again? Wouldn't mind sharing with people my age and stuff:) Where is nice in Finglas? I Don't know the place at all, just everything I heard has been negative. I drive a 1l nissan micra;)€5 gets me to city centre and back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

i wouldnt bother renting mate, I live in Finglas and work in Donnybrook. Takes about 40 minutes to get across in the morning via the 40 and 46A buses. I dont think Bray to Finglas would be majorly worse.

Jump on the DART to Connolly Station, walk up Gardiner Street and get a 40 to finglas. To get there for 9:30 leave at 7:30 and Id say you will be fine. Only cos about 7 or 8 euro return each day or get a Bus and Rail pass. 69 euro for a month equals major savings.

Advertisement