Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember H.R. Pufnstuf?

Options
  • 16-07-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone remember H.R. Pufnstuf? And more importantly did it scare the crap out of any of you?

http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/index.htm?childrenstv/HR%20Pufnstuf/HR%20Pufnstuf.htm&1

It was (re)shown on RTE in the 80's sometime I presume, as I wasn't born when it went out first. I remember having dreams about it as a kid, but never knew the name of the program until I stumbled across it today.

I can see why it's "always been rumour[ed] that the show's owners were influenced by drugs". Talking flutes, trees etc.. no wonder it freightened five year old Harry!

Any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Yup I remember watchin that on tv in the early 1980's.
    Witchie-poo scared the pants offa me... but I always thought Puffnstuff was cute in a fluffy spongey sorta way! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

One of the first programs I can remember from infancy

I liked it, didn't find it scary at all

This on the other hand scared the bejaysus out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Classic, pork99! i don;t remember seeing it when I was a kid (am 29) but they have a load of reruns when I was in collegte and I thought it was class! Catweasle with the water finder stick(what are they called again?) looking for the 13th sign of the Zodiac, ah memories

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Ah yeah, lover HR. WOuld love to see it again. :D

Never liked Catweazle though... :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Catweazle, brilliant! I still call the telephone a tellingbone and as for electrickery... Used to love that. Never really liked Pufnstuf though, thought it was for babies.
    Boomdeay, where is thine boomdeay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Harry Lime

I have only vague memories of Catweasel. It probably wasn't repeated at a time when I would have encountered it. It looks like something I would have enjoyed though... looks like Worzel Gummidge on drugs.

Mental note: add tellingbone and electrickery to vocabulary, and use in everyday situations.. I wish I worked for the Electrickery Supply Board or Tellingbone Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by brocklanders
    Classic, pork99! i don;t remember seeing it when I was a kid (am 29) but they have a load of reruns when I was in collegte and I thought it was class! Catweasle with the water finder stick(what are they called again?) looking for the 13th sign of the Zodiac, ah memories

I was too young to understand the time travel bit - it was just some freaky looking guy acting weirdly :D

Advertisement