Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay marriage poll in the time

Options
  • 15-07-2004 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

There's a poll running in the Irish times at the moment regarding gay marriage, I was surprised to see how much support its gettings! 68% in favor... kinda contradicts what most politicians said prior to election "not the time for such a vote" "would never pass" and so on :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

However if you're a regular visitor to the poll, particularly one who reads the comments section, you'll realise it's a waste of space on the internet. The people who vote in it are the same people every day and mostly live abroad.

However, that said, I'm sure that if a proper poll was taken, one would find a similar result (see the pigsback poll a couple of weeks ago, it's in a thread on this board somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 coughlanc

I am pro choice, pro equality and pro diversity.

I understand the importance of having equal rights and can see the point in ensuring that LGBTQ (Queer) people have the ability to be married in the eyes of the law and have the same legal standing and rights as any heterosexual couple.

However I do wonder - when its available - how many will avail of this choice?

Does anyone online itend to in the future?

C

Advertisement