Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money for nothing

Options
  • 14-07-2004 11:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Coleman's powdered mustard were said to have made their money from the mustard left on the side of the plate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Coleman's powdered mustard were said to have made their money from the mustard left on the side of the plate.

Uh, I don't get it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Before people used to make thier own mustard - grinding up seeds etc.. Then colmans cameup with powdered mustard you just added water - no waste since you only made it up when you needed it. But most of the time people made up too much so that what colmans made their fourtune from

same with the lux soap bars - they just crumbled to nothing with bits goinc down the drain..

so does anyone use powdered mustard - and how much of it do they use - 25% 50% more ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Before people used to make thier own mustard - grinding up seeds etc.. Then colmans cameup with powdered mustard you just added water - no waste since you only made it up when you needed it. But most of the time people made up too much so that what colmans made their fourtune from

same with the lux soap bars - they just crumbled to nothing with bits goinc down the drain..

so does anyone use powdered mustard - and how much of it do they use - 25% 50% more ??

I've used it in fricassées, salad dressing etc but I don't overuse - one box lasts me for ages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

money for nothing

and your chicks for free?

dire straights you dumbos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Originally posted by Beruthiel

dire straights you dumbos [/B]

Dire Straits you Dumbo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,063 ✭✭✭✭unkel

cormie wrote:
    Dire Straits you Dumbo!