Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racecourses

• 13-07-2004 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Which is your favourite racecourse to go to? or even watch horse racing?

Well I think I'd have to say The Curragh.

Simple reason being I live 2 minutes walking away from it and the atmosphere is always good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Roscommon.

Galway has a great atmosphere, but Roscommon is nice and compact and has a great buzz around it too.
    Usually great racing there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Definitely Leopardstown or Galway, not afan of the curragh to be honest. Killiarney or Kilbeggan are the worst i'd have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Clonmel races

Mainly because i live a few miles away from clonmel,i havent missed a meeting there for 7 years and i rode my first winner there as a jockey.I am retired now due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Definetly Leopardstown!! I went there once cos i won a competition 4 a meal for 2 in the 1st class area. Very nice I must say! I had 5 wins that day. I'd love to go back there again! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

It got to be Galway. Iv been going since I was 5. Nothing on this island comes close to it. Limerick in nice with the new vacilities and all but it dosnt has a patch on Galway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Me likes Sligo. Beautiful scenery and all that. Like Sligo, the Curragh is great as you can practically see the whole cource.
    I'm not that bothered about Leopardstown - can be a bit soulless.

Advertisement