Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Plot Possibilities *Season 8 Spoilers*

Options
  • 13-07-2004 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

In the first 2 episodes of the new series, we've seen a number of new plot lines opened up. The continuing theme seemed to be the return of a number of familiar races and enemies: the Asguard; the Replicators; Lord Yu; etc.

In the final scene, we saw Fifth re-create Major... sorry - Luitenant Colnel Carter from the Neutronium he'd collected on the Asguard colony. Now, fogive me for taking this all a little bit too far, but follow this logic for a moment. If Fifth were able to get his hands on more Neutronium, he could potentially recreate anyone he'd come into contact with before. He also did a lot of rooting around in the mind of Carter during the episode, and was able to re-create Pete convincingly in his fantasy world. Assuming he was able to access all of Carter's memories, he could therefore potentially replicate many of the characters we've seen before.

How about seeing Apophis again? Or So'kar? Or even any of the old Goa'uld we've seen before? I know I'm going very far off-plot here, but it just struck me as a potential plot line given the theme of the two episodes. I was half expecting to see Apophis emerge from the Neutronium at the end! Oh well.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well theoretically he could recreate anyone but Fifth's human core is pretty much centred around Carter so I imagine he won't divert from his obsession. What's interesting about Carter is that, since he had access to her memories, he'll be able to build quite a reasonable fascimile of her whereas anyone else - Apophis, Sokar, Pete - would be merely just what Carter would think they were like (well I suppose he could do Jolinar as well...). Additionally, I don't think I'm all that in favour of all the old faces turning up again although it'd be a nice twist if, at season's end, we face off Ba'al and it turns out he's actually been killed ages ago and is one of Fifth's replicators, that's possible maybe if we allow that Goa'uld have little in the way of personalities beyond shouting...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Im just scared that the producers/writers will do that scene, totally overdone in TV land, where the two twins, i.e. the two carters, are in a struggle together and O'Neill is standin there with a gun tryin to figure out which one to kill. Thats my biggest worry in life right now.

That Celtic gou'ald who stayed around, Camulus I think his name is, should be able to provide some decent technology for the SG-C, plus whatever shows up at the Ancient Outpost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well im looking forward to next week.
    Like above i would love the return of sokar or apophis.

I think they will leave the replicators now for at least half the season, kinda like the way they left the tokra/jafa story over half a season ago.

I would expect something about the tokra/jafa in the next few episodes. What about telc`s 1 that jafa she should pop up again.

Ryack Breteck.

Yes that gouauld did stay so we dont kn ow what the story is with him, he will probbley dissapear into controll of NID and that will be ana episode.

That replicator gun is pretty nice.

Dont forget more info on the anchients.

There will be allot in this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Any episode where Thor with friends show up has always ended up being an excellent episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Draupnir wrote:
    Im just scared that the producers/writers will do that scene, totally overdone in TV land, where the two twins, i.e. the two carters, are in a struggle together and O'Neill is standin there with a gun tryin to figure out which one to kill. Thats my biggest worry in life right now.

That Celtic gou'ald who stayed around, Camulus I think his name is, should be able to provide some decent technology for the SG-C, plus whatever shows up at the Ancient Outpost

well if he has the weapon he bult then he wont have to wrry about that scenario as it only affects replicators right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Washout wrote:
    well if he has the weapon he bult then he wont have to wrry about that scenario as it only affects replicators right?

I dunno whether or not it only affects replicators, nobody actually fired it at people just replicators. Personally, I wouldnt like to be shot with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i think that weapon destabalises the molocules so ye that wouldent be healthy o be shot with

Advertisement