Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hostel in waterford

Options
  • 12-07-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

hey i have a few people looking for somewhere to stay the night of me 21st in waterford , is there any type of hostel around here?
    a decent place like near to the center?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

once upon a time....

there was a couple of decent hostels in the city centre
    viking house on the quay and was one in bow street too but as far as I know, unless you are from the following countries you wont be able to stay there
    nicaragua (sp)
    nigeria
    albania
    romania
    latvia lithuania estonia
    moldova
    azebaijan
    kasacstan (sp)
    ubekestan
    all those eastern block stans
    algeria
    somalia
    chad ?
    etc

k..

and if your not from outside of Ireland your just going to have to B&B it, or use the travel lodge.
    happy travels
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

are you serious , theres no tourist hostel in waterford city center?
    thats ridiculous:eek:
    so any cheap b& b that`l let you come home around 3 and say costs under 20euro for the night ?

www.irishbeds.com/waterford_hos.html
    bolton house still going i heard of them before

bolton house is the one in bow street and as far as i know is refugees too.
    but could be wrong.

"There is no additional information or booking option available for this hostel at the moment."

happy 21st btw

for real , like they wont let irish people stay in em ?
    because every town should have a hostel , we should complain about this , i cant believe they only let refugees stay there , i think i`ll email em if i can and see what they say ?

• Advertisement

i would be interested to hear what they have to say, so if you do keep us informed.
    [edit]
    the only hostel that seems open for business is tivoli house in tramore, but you could always move your birthday celebrations to tramore, great place for a 21st anyway.

there is no additional info such as e mail addres given for them , i`ll let you know if any of the lads ring em to book it for the night
    i`ll be disgusted if they dont leave em stay though , jasus thats insane so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

madness.

Any camping spots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

There is one on manor street, not sure what the story with it is though, or come to think of it if it's even still open.

I'm sure there's loads of camping spots, but nothing in or near the city centre (as far as I am aware)

• Advertisement

the one in manor street is the same as the other two (refugee accomodation)
    in fact last year if i recall correctly there was a stabbing incident where someone was killed there.
    remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yea I remember that alright, some refugee stabbed some guy or stabbed another refugee or something. You could always get a room in the travel lodge and cram as many people into the room as possible.

:)

Might be an idea....what'd they be like with people stumbling in at about 4/5am?

doubt they'd mind so long as too much noise wasn't made.....just get a few people to bring in the stuff when ye're checking in...

What's the story with prices?

On the website they say €35 per room per night.

If we tried to take the piss and fit 20 people into the room (sleeping whilst standing up) would they tell us to feck off or what?
    What's the deal with showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by SyxPak
    What's the story with prices?

On the website they say €35 per room per night.

If we tried to take the piss and fit 20 people into the room (sleeping whilst standing up) would they tell us to feck off or what?
    What's the deal with showers?

in fairness say 3/4 people, €35 between them aint that much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

travel lodge is cheap and i believe you can cram as many as you want into the room

thats how it was when i stayed there a few years back

hey mossy are you coming out for a few for me 21st saturday night ?
    geoofs and then the forum probably ?

Advertisement