Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make your own projector

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

That sounds like a typical e-bay SCAM, ofter you find them on e-bay, before i seen people selling a link for €100 to a site telling you where you can get PS2's and Laptops and TV's for very very cheap. And the site probably said "Error 404".

I would not go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Cool... I want one of those... not! :D

myprojector.jpg

More pics of these fantastic systems:
    http://www.tv-100.com/

Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Y o u s s e f
    That sounds like a typical e-bay SCAM, ofter you find them on e-bay, before i seen people selling a link for €100 to a site telling you where you can get PS2's and Laptops and TV's for very very cheap. And the site probably said "Error 404".

I would not go for it.

It's not a scam, it's a link to MAKE your own projector, hence the 'DIY' in the title.
    I've seen the site that shows you how to make it (ages ago, don't ask me to tell you the url, heh!), I don't think it involves any electronics at all, it's more like you take a huge lens over your TV. If you google it you should find the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

here you go here a link to making that but u need to buy a lens that is hard to find cheap that s why i suggested ebay but heres the link anyway so i dont think its a scam

http://www.originalplots.com/images/bryansversion1plans.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

All you're buying is a plastic fresnel lens. The DIY part is then trying to make up a suitable frame and projection system in conjunction with your TV set.

These lenses and plans were being sold via the back pages of Exchange & Mart before eBay came along.

• Advertisement
Advertisement