Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Tour speculation cranks up

Options
  • 11-07-2004 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Stephen Jones from The times has started speculating an the selection for the lions tour. article

I'm not sure i agree with some of these. Retired internationals getting called up i think is a joke, although woodward will probably want to bring martin johnson.

also no ronan o gara, no david wallace, i think shane horgan would be a better choice than Shane Williams

Also he has Jonny o'connor in there aswell, the guy is recovering from a serious achilles tendon injury, i would love to see a former connaucht player in it but i think its unrealistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Apparently Richard Hill is irish according to the article. But some of the speculation is a joke, Hodgson instead of O'Gara. I would agree with Williams instead of Horgan, but not Danielli instead of Horgan. 2 retired scrum halves and the second choice irish hooker instead of the first choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

yeah the choice of Frankie Sheahan over Shane Byrne?
    Shane Byrne is arguably the best ball thrower from a line out in the world at the minute. and he didn't pick him.

Also the absence of anthony foley at No. 8 is strange. and redpath over stringer also puzzling.

but maybe i'm biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Frankie needs the international experience it would be good for him, Byrne has what 1 maybe 2 seasons left?

I think Stringer has been consistant enough since the last lions tour to merit a place in the lions but the end of last season was a disaster.

Not a chance Hodgson will make the lions, same with S. Horgan cause his a mope.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

Would agree that picking retired internationals is insane with the possible exception of Johnson. Also would love to see Wally in there as class ball carriers and foragers will be worth their weight in gold.... and also ROG over Hodgson is a tight call could go either way.

On a side note does Stephen Jones annoy the hell out of anyone else... jees the guy is so infuriating England either play well and win or play badly ( and he's had to use this one quite alot recently ! ) and lose ... never are they beaten by a better team .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Cohen has no right to make Lions, Wales have the best wingers right now IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement